Pathfinder Mileage POLL

amb4081

How many miles are on your 1990-1995 Pathfinder?  

953 members have voted

1. 1. How many miles are on your 1990-1995 Pathfinder?

• 1-100,000 miles (just a baby)
    • 100,001-150,000 miles (break-in period)
    • 150,001-200,000 miles (broke in)
    • 200,001-250,000 miles (mature)
    • 250,001-300,000 miles (advanced in years/miles)
    • 300,001- up (pathy getting tired)

• 2 weeks later...

:chairfall: my pathy's come to a collective mileage of 1,000,000...... hahahaa..... ok, 999,000..... :chairfall:

Edited by Slick

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

this is my third nissan

93 240, 250k miles at death

93 300z twin turbo 700+hp died in the garage from a bag dropped by the wife at 120k miles

and now my pathy which all vg30s that ive seen has reached the 300k mark before death so im getting another vg30 motor to build and stick in this thing when it dies

as far as new cars, if i ever decide to get one,

prob a new z or armada, or maybee and xterra

who knows just putting the point out there that you can dog the @!*% out of these things and theyll still stay true to you

260K. I just got this 95 XE for $300. I seems to run fine. The front axles are shot and the tie rods are worn. I didn't check, but I'm going to assume the ball joints are ready to go as well. I've already ordered the front end parts. I'll get the axles locally so I won't have to deal with the core charge. Oh, it needed a headlight too (the lens was cracked from a minor fender bender). So far I've ordered or plan to buy about $500 worth of parts. So my $300 deal just turned into an $800 truck. I just read this thread and saw how many of you guys have gone over 250K miles, all the way to 500K! So $800 for a truck that may last another 250K miles - Not bad. Well I've convinced myself anyways.

This is my second Pathfinder. My first Pathfinder, also a 95, I bought used in 2003 with about 120K miles on it. I didn't have any problems with it for two years. However, I did rebuild the front end because it was eating tires (ball joints). Reverse quit working at about 160K so I traded it in on a 99 Blazer when the local dealer had a push, pull or drag special, I got $3k on the trade. The Blazer now only has just over a 100K miles on it and it drives like crap compared to the Pathfinder I just got. I live in a very rural area and have three miles of gravel/dirt road to travel on before I see any pavement. That Blazer rattles and squeaks at 25-30MPH, but the old Pathy is smooth and quite!

By the way, the only reason the tranny went out on the first Pathfinder was due to a coolant leak that I didn't notice. The crossover hose from the manifold to the thermostat housing was leaking for I don't know how long. My wife was the primary driver of the Pathy at that time. I figured it out one day when I went to town to put gas in it for her, the temp gage pegged and it took nearly two gallons to refill the radiator. Poor thing was running on nothing for coolant, well nothing but air. I fixed the leak and went ahead and changed the timing belt and water pump at the same time. A week later reverse quit. Moral of the story - I'll be adding a trans cooler to that parts list and the wife can keep keep the Blazer.

• 3 weeks later...

Well Im not exactly sure how many miles are on mine. :shrug: I just got her about 3mos ago and the speedo didnt work. Right now it still reads 020,634! the car fax report shows the last recorded mileage on her was 019,932. So now...whats this about recalls? Wonder what recalls she will qualify for?!!!

1995 XE 2WD 020,634miles

:aok:

202,000 kms. It had about 180,000 when I bought it in April/06 and was way cleaner than almost anything else I looked at including lower mileage vehicles.

I wouldn't really call it a daily driver because it sits for 4 or 5 days some time. I use it for fishing and camping so most of the kliks I have put on have been highway.

I'm just starting to have some minor electrical problems now(headlight relay, burnt taillight) have replaced the front brakes and it will need struts soon. It's going in this week for a tranny cooler so I can pull a boat next summer.

Edited by daftpup

You better hurry and get those exhaust bolt replaced while it's still free. If you haven't already...

I bought mine when it had 97,000 and didn't find out about the recall till I was on about 104,000... Now i'm up to 107,??? and in desperate need of an oil change.

What is the recall? Rattles and makes noise if not??

• 3 weeks later...

My 92 just turned 185k. Been in my family since it was new. Got new tranny around 120k; manifold fixed at around 135k. Oil changed every 5k. Lock problem fixed around 160k. That is about it. He refuses to die and I love it for that and the fact that it stands out in my neighborhood's endless parade of bling cars.

Yeah, that's bs how they limit it to 100K. I had mine in at the dealer at 102K miles cause I thought the noise was valvetrain or something. Didn't know about the recall replacement at the time. They were kind enough to point out the problem and tell me the cost. Way to build some loyalty for the stealer. Needless to say, I never went back.

That Sounds like the issue I have.. I hear a sound after start up that sounds like valve's but it fades away after its warm.

just broke 112620 on the miles..

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I already voted my other truck but my new one will probably turn to 225,000kms in the next few days. Still runs strong and handles like new. Some rust patches starting on the body though. :(