Pathfinder Mileage POLL

amb4081

How many miles are on your 1990-1995 Pathfinder?  

953 members have voted

1. 1. How many miles are on your 1990-1995 Pathfinder?

• 1-100,000 miles (just a baby)
    • 100,001-150,000 miles (break-in period)
    • 150,001-200,000 miles (broke in)
    • 200,001-250,000 miles (mature)
    • 250,001-300,000 miles (advanced in years/miles)
    • 300,001- up (pathy getting tired)

235,000 on my 1990 SE.

Just put new tires on it, tune up, rear control arm bushings, etc.

I've delt with a broken manifold bolt, replaced H2O pump and timing belt, clutch, brake master cylinder, some minor exhaust work, and really thats about it since getting the vehicle back in 2001. Oh and the powersteering pump fell apart a couple years ago....literally...the pully shaft on it just plain broke. Apologies to the Burger King restaurant in Easley SC for the huge puddle of power steering fluid I left in your parking lot :) oops!

This thing is so reliable its unbelievable. Rides like a dream, never gives me trouble in winter weather (not much of it anyway here in South Carolina) but we do get ice at times and my pathy has always been faithful in 4x4.

Oil changed religiously between 3,000 and 5,000 miles. Redline in the tranny (5 speed) and both differentials.

K&N cone type air filter (not k&n brand though...) that made a NICE difference in throttle response and overall performance. Same as I have seen posted on other topics regarding cone type air filters.....easy to install and held in place with on bracket that came with it. I think I paid about $90.00 for it but I can't remember where I ordered it from. Just getting all that stock air intake crap off the car was like a breath of fresh air!

anyhoo....love my Pathfinder Been an excellent vehicle with only problems being typical worn out parts due to usual wear and tear.

-Chris

post-6-1162040313.jpg

Edited by Chriskaw440

i got mine like 2 and a half months ago, maybe 3 months, it had about a month total of being off the road, for my ecu being replaced, and a wheel bearing i couldn't afford to have fixed, and i've already put over 4000 miles on it, working on 5k now... it had 179k on it when i got it, now its got 183k... its doing great, its run great since i got it, with the exception of the 2 issues previously mentioned.

edit: and the previous owner also replaced the transmission(yet didn't install an aftermarket cooler, they were real smart...), so its got a fairly new one of those...

Edited by Adam

got about 165000 on my 95 SE, thing runs great. although after reading the post about putting a hand into a frame and the proposed result of plugging the hole with a severed hand... i think i'm gonna keep a closer eye on my frame lol. only thing wrong with it is the driver's side heated seat isn't working. not too shabby, eh?

Guest SuperSon

Mine has 085232.Does this mean I qualify for that recall and if so what do I need to do .

Does it have to be the original owner too?

• 3 months later...

just a tad over 205,000mi and kicking ass still, im like the 3 owner and everyone before me took VERY good care of the truck. The best vehical i have every seen.

the only things i have had to replayce have been the tires, clutch(duh), ECU(me being dumb), plugs, plug wires, dist cap and bug, and a batery.

(oh, been doing the oil change every 2500 miles (been really dry here, cant take any chances)

normal mantance stuff...

Best damn car i have ever owned.... that is for sure.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

230,000 miles earlier this week on my 91 SE(The best year I think). Odometer has only registered about 96.5 miles for every 100 traveled so I think it may have another 10000 unregistered on it. Rebuilt transmission under secret warranty around 12,000 in '92. Exhaust manifold didn't start ticking till 180,000 so no help from Nissan. Made the mistake of letting Midas work on it and they broke half the studs and left them that way(May have to take them to court). Recently got that fixed(for half the price Midas charged to break it and I'm seeing the muffler they'd installed didn't use the factory hangers so the cat hanger is broken and the cat rides on the crossmember and puts stress clear to the manifolds, probably caused the first stud breakage) and redline MT90 in tranny. Original clutch. Timing belt and pump every 80,000. Four or five mufflers and four sets of tires. Can't remember how many brake redos, but love my four wheel discs. Have saved me many times. Never wrecked :hide: (knocking on wood chair)although a coworker caught the driver's door with a trailer and bent it clear forward. It still closed and latched!!! Was a $1700 insurance repair. Needs rubber now, timing belt in another 10,000. Found a power steering leak today, hope it wasn't because the inside fender guards are missing and currently awaiting me to replace them(as in thrown rock damage). I need to remember the brake lines are exposed and get this done!! Was it Slick who had some patterns? This vehicle was absolutely trouble free for many years, on a par with the 1985 Camry we had(I think we'd still have it if I hadn't sheared off a power pole with it). I'm hopeful this pathy will be in my estate I like it so much, even after sixteen years. I had no trouble towing a diesel air compressor around town with it today! :aok:

• 2 weeks later...

im gonna have to change my vote here in the next month or so...i have successfully put 40k on in 1 year of ownership...shes now up to 143...

what are the rules for my 87...it had 275 with the original engine now shes going on to her 130k 95 engine...is it chassis miles or engine miles?...i really wish taht lil piece of metal didnt fall in there cuze she would have 315 now

• 4 weeks later...

I posted way back on the first page of this poll, and now I've got 144,000 on my 95 Pathfinder SE auto. Just replaced the original alternator. List of items repaired in the last 5 years

Timing belt

Battery

Oxygen sensor

Turn signal switch

Alternator. That's the total items replaced in 5 years of driving! Of course many oil changes, one transmission fluid change, and that's it . Never had a more reliable vehicle and I've owned many vehicles (more than 20) Still love the Pathfinder, even though I've got a Suburban, and a Chevy 350 V8 short bed 5 speed pick up truck as well. The Pathfinder is the most fun.

Dark Green 95 SE

Edited by NickStallion