Pathfinder Mileage POLL

amb4081

How many miles are on your 1990-1995 Pathfinder?  

953 members have voted

1. 1. How many miles are on your 1990-1995 Pathfinder?

• 1-100,000 miles (just a baby)
    • 100,001-150,000 miles (break-in period)
    • 150,001-200,000 miles (broke in)
    • 200,001-250,000 miles (mature)
    • 250,001-300,000 miles (advanced in years/miles)
    • 300,001- up (pathy getting tired)

I won't vote right now since I'm about to turn 100k next week.

You better hurry and get those exhaust bolt replaced while it's still free. If you haven't already...

I bought mine when it had 97,000 and didn't find out about the recall till I was on about 104,000... Now i'm up to 107,??? and in desperate need of an oil change.

• Like 1

You better hurry and get those exhaust bolt replaced while it's still free. If you haven't already...

I bought mine when it had 97,000 and didn't find out about the recall till I was on about 104,000... Now i'm up to 107,??? and in desperate need of an oil change.

Yeah, that's bs how they limit it to 100K. I had mine in at the dealer at 102K miles cause I thought the noise was valvetrain or something. Didn't know about the recall replacement at the time. They were kind enough to point out the problem and tell me the cost. Way to build some loyalty for the stealer. Needless to say, I never went back.

hey, are you sure they'll actually do that?

hey, are you sure they'll actually do that?

I read about that recall on one of the threads on here, and so far all the info I've gotten has been valid. I just wish I woulda read about it a couple of months earlier, then I'd be able to tell you for sure...

:hide: Anybody know how to turn back a few miles... The Ferris Bueller reverse method definitely won't work... My pathy registers speed in reverse same as in forward. :hide: sssh :nono::D

Here;s What i Do. And Im Sure d21man will agree. travel at Normal speeds in each Gear. Learn what Engine RPM 55-65 MPH is in Highway Gears. This way. you can Guesstimate how fast your Going. For Example. my 87 Pathy has the Old 3 Spd Automatic, and when im in my 3rd Gear on the Highway, 5,000 RPM Equals out to be about 75-80 MPH. See! No Spedo, No Problem!

sly

hey, anyone know anyone that has a path that has more than 300K miles? do they live that long and how long do they live, but anyway, hey jmcardamone how do you disconnect the sepdo exactly, i'm interested. pathy has too many miles for me i have 144000 miles

mines got 268k on it right now ... I have replaced the motor ... but only becuase the harmonic balancer sheared off and damaged the end of the crank ... so replacing the entire engine was more attractive to me than working on a new crank ... and cost about the same as well ...

TO Remove the Spedo Cable, Do the Following....

Under the Vechicle, Passengerside, look toward the rear of the Tranny, after the Xfer Case. Look for a Black Wire/cable about the Thickness of a Peice of rg/59 (cheap TV Cable). IT will have a Twist Off end, almost like an CB Antenna Connector. Untwist it with your Fingers or a Pair of Pliers, but dont Grab ultra hard, you might colapse the End and totaly mess things up. When its Off, be Carefull not to let the Inner Cable Drop out of the Truck. (i dont know if it will fall out completely, I just know it moves a bit). I would Tie up the End of the Cable and place a wall mart or Smaller Bag over the end and Tape the Heck out of it to keep it clean and dry. as far as the hole in the tranny goes, if its Short Term, i would Cover it with some Heavy Duct Tape, or some tape and a Peice of cardboard. If its Going to Be Long Term, i would just to a boneyard and Yank about 6 inches of the Spedo Cable off of a wrecked Pathy or d21. Plug the End with a Heavy Bolt Threaded in with some Expoy or Silicone and Attach to your Tranny. This way you dont mess up the Tranny or the cable. Heeck, my 87 probbaly has 200k + miles on it but it only says 177! hehe. But i Cheated, mine actually Broke! Good Luck and let me know how it works out!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest A_Perd

296,000 Km...running alright.

Some serious issues with the acceleration still though since my local shop botched one of their jobs big time...I'm a bit worried about it.

• 2 weeks later...