Max tire size VS Lift Kit Used VS Custom or OE Wheels

fleurys

33" tires are a bit to fit with just a spring/spacer lift. Will have to do some trimming.

Not a good pic, but here is half worn 31" with IronMan springs and 1 1/2" spacers up front.

IMG_20140816_145829386_HDR.jpg

Edited by Rebelord

• 4 weeks later...

New to the forum, and I really appreciate all the good info -- and serious inspiration -- you all have shared here. Just bought an '03 SE 4x4, and am trying to decide on tire size. I've already read through all the posts in this thread twice - ha!

I've got the later style factory six-spokes (17" x 8" with a 20 mm offset) and plan to stick with the stock suspension at least for a while.

OEM tire size is 245/65 (which is about 29.5" x 9.5" - using Yoko Geolander specs for reference).

I'd like to go up to 265/65 (30.7 x 10.7) but am wondering if my offset will be an issue. With the wheel width and offset, backspacing would be 4.8", correct?

Looks like the safe choice would be 255/65 (confirmed by YukonTrail) which would gain me 1/2" in both directions, but it looks like many of you are running 31" tires with widths around 10.5" with little to no problem. Should I feel confident buying 265/65, or just stick with a smaller size?

I guess I could also go 245/70 like 02psychopathy, but I'd like to gain both height and width if possible.

If you have tire recommendations, I'd appreciate them, too. This will be my winter/camping/dogs/trails rig. While I look forward to getting into off-roading, I'd like a tire that will be capable off-road but still have decent highway manners. Long-term plans would be to build a very capable truck for camping/overlanding; I doubt if I'll ever get serious about rock-crawling or deep mud.

Thanks in advance for the input!

Dave

Thanks for all this info!

Just wanted to run this by you guys (new here):

1996 SE

Stock Wheels (15x7)

No Lift

Currently running 265/70 15 tire size.

I'm shopping around for some snow tires and found a good deal on some 265/75 15s. Will these fit ok with no rubbing on my stock SE rims?

Any feedback will be very much appreciated. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

2002 Nissan Pathfinder SE 2WD

Wheels: Factory 6-spokes

Tires: LT245/75-16 Goodyear Wrangler All-Terrain Adventure w/ Kevlar

Suspension: Stock...probably a little sag.

Notes: No issues at all

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, looks killer, another kouki pathy with a swing away in the US, how i want that so bad, and soon to have.

Get a member rides build going, i want to see more of your rig man, she looks GREAT

-Kyle

EDIT: I just realized something, was your rig originally that purple/maroon color? I think i see that in the jam pic you took.

Edited by ferrariowner123
  • Like 1

The tire carrier came of the pre face lift r50 so it fit perfect I snagged it up at a u-pull it yard. No my pathfinder was originally white but I wrecked it and when I rebuilt it I ended up with a junkyard door the was maroon. As far as the build goes I need more info on power steering pumps mine capped out wheeling with big tires so I've been looking into an agr high performance pump. I also need gears a locker and sleeve my tierods.

Dude you keep getting more and more interesting with each post, but we need to keep this thread for the Tire fitment.

Can you make a build thread in the members rides so i can ask more questions!!! PLEASE! lol

and no problem, people who do something never done on a pathy will usually get awesome points from me.

-Kyle

• Like 1

01 SE 4x4

AC md springs front/rear (net lift around 5/8" after settling)

Stock 16x7 se wheels

P255/70/16 General Grabber AT2's

No rubbing

96 SE 4x4

Saggy stock coils

Stock 15x7 se wheels

P265/70/15 BFG Long Trails

No rubbing (rides like a marshmallow)

Trying to decide on my suspension/wheel/tire combo. Option 1: replacing all coils with stock Moog replacements, 1" 4x4design spacers, 31x10.50's on stock wheels painted black (possibly add 1" wheel spacers for better stance or 15x8 3.75bs Bart d-windows).

Option 2: AC medium duty coils all around, 2" 4x4design spacers, 33x10.50's on either wheel combo listed above (not sure how much trimming I'd have to do).

Trying to keep this project as low budget as possible, so I'm leaning more towards #1, cause it's cheaper and proven, but #2 would be awesome as long as it would work without major hacking.

nckrawler what is the backspacing on those rims? I'm guessing you are running 12.5 wide tires... I have been looking into getting some 35x10.5 with just the AC lift so I'm glad to see someone is pulling off something similar. Any rubbing at full stuff or full lock?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

97 LE 4x4

Wheels: stock 15 x6.5

Tires:Goodyear Wrangler 235/65 r15

No lift.

My wish list: OME 1.75 in lift. 235/85r16 tires. I would like to do this w/o using any wheel or strut spacers. The 235/85r16s are 31.7 x9.3 ins so maybe there would'nt be a rubbing problem using 16x7 bs 3.75? I don't mind a little plastic trimming but don't want to have to cut metal. Any thoughts folks? Thanks, Tim.

98 SE 4X4
Wheels: GU Nissan Patrol OEM Wheels 16x8 BS 4.8
Tires: Bridgestone dueler HT 265/70R16
NO LIFT

remove front mud flap

10409332_10152453654002422_4357159990963

98 SE 4X4
Wheels: GU Nissan Patrol OEM Wheels 16x8 BS 4.8
Tires: Maxxis Bighorn 285/75r16
AC LIFT 2"

front wheel spacer 1.5"

little rub on turn lock in reverse, doing the tweaks.

image3.jpg

image1.jpg

rear complete tuck

image2.jpg

thanks to silverpathy for the guide hehehe

• Like 1

Your after pics look just like my '98 with 31"s and no lift(but a Chillkoot) Higher speed reverse power turn on snow (we call it a "James Bond") will rub front driver's side. Did yours contact the drivers side mud flap? One more question... Do you get rust in Panama? Your truck looks like new! I've got the same Warns on the old truck and looking in to them fitting the new(er) 2003 truck.

Kevin

Edited by kdj

Your after pics look just like my '98 with 31"s and no lift(but a Chillkoot) Higher speed reverse power turn on snow (we call it a "James Bond") will rub front driver's side. Did yours contact the drivers side mud flap? One more question... Do you get rust in Panama? Your truck looks like new! I've got the same Warns on the old truck and looking in to them fitting the new(er) 2003 truck.

Kevin

Hi Kevin, when I put the wheels the 265/70R16 it rub on the mud flaps, just unscrew and walaaa hahaha, In Panama we have as you know beaches, but we don't suffer from rust here unless you leave the car with no use or don't wash it, normally I clean the car every weekend (old practices) , also this car have 95k miles so its about 6k miles annually, the car is pretty in mint condition, that's why I don't have to replace it, it give me everything I want so far...

we do a lot of mudding trails here, most of them are 35" wheel as minimum required and I dont want to bring the car to that level because I will need to change my 4.6 relations, but I at least my other mod will be SFD to have more belly clearance and custom made front and rear bumper for winch and tire.

• Like 1