R50 VG33 belt cover torque specs and fastener guide

zbeck

I did the timing belt recently. I have boat loads of VG parts, so to avoid confusion, I made these guides to help with a belt change. You can print them out and have them right with you outside if you need them. To make the torques less confusing, I narrowed the values to one type of unit. Sorry, to our international friends. Everything here is based off of 1997 FSM information.

beck_ddr_vg33_r50_belt_cover_fasteners_1.jpg

beck_ddr_vg33_r50_belt_cover_fasteners_2.jpg

beck_ddr_vg33_r50_timing_belt_torque.jpg

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Does anybody have these pictures saved anywhere?

I changed both of my belts and had to have done something wrong because now for a mintue or so they make a loud squeek when I start up the car.

I did the timing belt recently. I have boat loads of VG parts, so to avoid confusion, I made these guides to help with a belt change. You can print them out and have them right with you outside if you need them. To make the torques less confusing, I narrowed the values to one type of unit. Sorry, to our international friends. Everything here is based off of 1997 FSM information.

beck_ddr_vg33_r50_belt_cover_fasteners_1.jpg

beck_ddr_vg33_r50_belt_cover_fasteners_2.jpg

beck_ddr_vg33_r50_timing_belt_torque.jpg

Not sure what I did wrong, but I fixed it. I took the belt back off and checked out the pulley and put it back on, no squeaks!

It don't mean you did something wrong cause they squeak for a minute. Maybe your belts are not tight enough, or a pulley is loose.

Jose

• 5 years later...