Injector burst pressure tuning on td27t

kingcab

you add shims inside the injector body.

but without an injector burst pressure tester i would not go adding shims willy nilly.

Edited by sw

link

heres a link to the layout of a td42 injector

so i would think a td27 injector is just a bit smaller

again i think it would be unwise to start playing with the pressures without a pressure tester

link

heres a link to the layout of a td42 injector

so i would think a td27 injector is just a bit smaller

again i think it would be unwise to start playing with the pressures without a pressure tester

Damn did i say i would change the injector nozzles my self? :shiftyeyes: Allready got the layout on the injectors but thanks anyway :happy: according to my Factory workshop manual the burst pressure on the injectors should be from 103-112.8Bar so how much would be wise to go up from that?

no sweat, sorry for miss understanding you

i can only speculate about a figure but i have, a few times, seen 1600/1650 odd psi quoted, so 115-ish bar

Edited by sw

• 3 months later...

you have a service manual??

I'm trying to find the valve clearance spec for my 1991 TD27. please can you help me?

I would not exceed the recommended cracking pressure out of consideration for the injector springs and possibly retarding the timing of commencment of injection.

cheers,

mike

you have a service manual??

for a gu patrol, with td42

I'm trying to find the valve clearance spec for my 1991 TD27. please can you help me?

no, i only have the specs for a different engine in the family.

i might have a poke around and see if i can find anything.

I would not exceed the recommended cracking pressure out of consideration for the injector springs and possibly retarding the timing of commencment of injection.

why, i have never ever once heard of adverse affects of both raising opening pressure & advancing timing? - (within reason, obviously)

I googled it as well . the only result I found was "from memory they are .014.........."

It is quite likely correct, but I'm not at all keen on trying out something from someone's "memory" .Thanks all the same for the consideration. I am much more at ease with definite spec from genuine service literature. Hence my post inquiring here.

If anyone happens to have a service manual for a Nissan TD27t, I would be delighted to hear from them.

As for cracking pressure,I don't believe exceeding any factory spec comes without a cost. Especially with regards to altering injection timing and it's effects on volumetric efficiency. Nissan spends millions of dollars on R&D in order find the best comprimise between longevity and performance.

Even with 18 years experience as a factory trained diesel mechanic, I'm not comfortable second guessing the engineers at Nissan and possibly shortening the service life of my machinery.

cheers,

Mike