Dual Exhaust...... For all those who told me NO! Bite ME!

2geepfinder

Kewel. Post up some more details, would ya?

Did you (hope not) eliminate the cats? What diameter is the piping? Prolly revs better at higher RPMS, right? Any noticeable low end torque difference? Any performance difference to justify the added expence/labor? If not its still kinda cool to have two pipes out back.

Pipes look a little small to me, but that could just be me. No matter what though, it's your truck so you do what you want to it.

Well if most of us use a 2.5"- 3" for singles, then you would think smaller on duals would be the way to go.

Personally I don't see the point it's just a waste of extra tube, an extra muffler and space for nothing more than looks.

Pipes look a little small to me, but that could just be me. No matter what though, it's your truck so you do what you want to it.

LOL, 2.25" Pipes from headers back even had the collectors flanged out to 2.25" also.

Kewel. Post up some more details, would ya?

Did you (hope not) eliminate the cats? What diameter is the piping? Prolly revs better at higher RPMS, right? Any noticeable low end torque difference? Any performance difference to justify the added expence/labor? If not its still kinda cool to have two pipes out back.

Yeah, I'll post some close ups next week when I drop the tranny for repairs/rebuild.

System Set-up

Pacesetter Headers 70-1197 armor coated and collectors flanged out to 2.25" $355

Magnaflow Cats Stainless 53004 Universal 3-way 2.25" x 2 $112

Magnaflow Tru X-Crossover Pipe 10790 Stainless 2.25" $72

Magnaflow Mufflers Stainless 4" x 9" Ovals 2.25 " 11365 $132

Aluminized Pipe and labor $650

Total $1321

Actual revs better throughout. Low end torque has increased noticeably which = better performance. It was definitely worth every penny. If you'll notice I had the tail-pipes terminated at the body line which I like compaired to some crappy chrome tip that I would've had to clean weekly. Also, the O2 sensor was installe at the x-pipe to measure accurate ratios.

:itsallgood:

Edited by 2geepfinder

Well if most of us use a 2.5"- 3" for singles, then you would think smaller on duals would be the way to go.

Personally I don't see the point it's just a waste of extra tube, an extra muffler and space for nothing more than looks.

LOL, looks, I'll dyno it and we'll have to compair it to the factory specs to see if it was all really about looks. Not that I care, in the end it was still cheaper than replacing the factory exhaust with OEM crap or something like it.

Edited by 2geepfinder

Looks Great, :aok: and thank you for using an x pipe I hate those guys that pipe their v6's straight out and when they take off it sounds like two lawnmowers drag racing :rant2: Anyways, how about making a video so we can hear how it sounds.

Looks good...any notice in heat change with the 2 mufflers in the same area on the floorboard?

LOL, if there is I'd never notice, the outside temp. in Bakersfield, CA has been over 100 F since before I arrived here in June.

Looks Great, :aok: and thank you for using an x pipe I hate those guys that pipe their v6's straight out and when they take off it sounds like two lawnmowers drag racing :rant2: Anyways, how about making a video so we can hear how it sounds.

When I get back from Seattle next week I'll do that.

Thanks

LOL, looks, I'll dyno it and we'll have to compair it to the factory specs to see if it was all really about looks. Not that I care, in the end it was still cheaper than replacing the factory exhaust with OEM crap or something like it.

I replaced front to back for less than half your cost; Pacesetters, high flow cat, Gibson cat back. I have no doubts your's will preform better than stock, my point was it probably won't get you any better than a standard aftermarket setup with a single pipe.

LOL, if there is I'd never notice, the outside temp. in Bakersfield, CA has been over 100 F since before I arrived here in June.

haha dude I live in Cali City...(on the other side of the hills on 58) i feel your pain on the heat...now i really wish i had a running pathy here b/c your close enough to do some wheeling

Here is my two sense. I think this whole set up is pretty dam sick. Even if you spent twice as much on the set up, it's all worth it to be different. For those who want to criticize you, or question what you have accomplished, don’t let em get ya down or have you start second guessing yourself. Congrats man, looks sick.

Here is my two sense. I think this whole set up is pretty dam sick. Even if you spent twice as much on the set up, it's all worth it to be different. For those who want to criticize you, or question what you have accomplished, don’t let em get ya down or have you start second guessing yourself. Congrats man, looks sick.

I couldn't have said it better myself; though I don't think anyone is being tooooo critial just adding their two sense, which I like.

I might be swapping in a 2-in 2-out Maganflow muffler to quite her down a couple dbs.

Thanks for the support!!!!!!

Edited by 2geepfinder

I couldn't have said it better myself; though I don't think anyone is being tooooo critial just adding their two sense, which I like.

I might be swapping in a 2-in 2-out Maganflow muffler to quite her down a couple dbs.

Thanks for the support!!!!!!

FYI dual 2.25" tubes are way bigger than a single 2.5" or 3" pipe

cross sectional area of 2.25" pipe (inside) = 3.5466 sq. in

cross sectional area of 2.5" pipe (inside) = 4.4301 sq. in

cross sectional area of 3" pipe (inside) = 6.4918 sq. in

do the math:

3.547 x 2 = 7.094 ie dual 2.25" pipes will flow more than a single 2.5" or 3"

I like it!!

Total $1321

Actual revs better throughout. Low end torque has increased noticeably which = better performance. It was definitely worth every penny.

I have to question your driver's seat dyno though. I'm kinda with GG on this one, for $1300 I'm sure I could pull out more ponies than dual exhaust. :shrug:

FYI dual 2.25" tubes are way bigger than a single 2.5" or 3" pipe

cross sectional area of 2.25" pipe (inside) = 3.5466 sq. in

cross sectional area of 2.5" pipe (inside) = 4.4301 sq. in

cross sectional area of 3" pipe (inside) = 6.4918 sq. in

do the math:

3.547 x 2 = 7.094 ie dual 2.25" pipes will flow more than a single 2.5" or 3"

Your math is impeccable...

DUDE, it's a friggin 3.0 liter motor that tops out before 6k RPM!!!

Unless you have done something significant to the intake (and cams?) more than 2.5" is probably just a waste of metal.

You can hang 6" HVAC ducting and a fart can if it makes you happy, I just won't believe it runs better. :shrug:

B