HOA's

Red87Path

but yea, soon as it is legal, im makin it loud, big ole coffe can tips. maybe even loosen up the alternator belt a lil so it squeals real loud when i start it too.

You obviously don't care the slightest about bringing more attention to yourself than you're already doing...disregard my last post ;)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOA's do have their upsides. They're good for the Sheeple who want to live in their little paradise suburb communities with their cookie cutter houses and their Land Rovers and Acuras. The Sheeple who pay Manuel or Luis or Jose to do their landscaping while they're away at work. The same Sheeple who pay Pedra or Consuela or Isabela to take care of their precious little crib-midgets while they are working 2 hours away in the city to pay for their cookie-cutter house in their paradise suburb community.

For the rest of us (those of us who have a sense of individuality, and a sense of independence, oh, and are actually real PEOPLE), HOA's (And their associates) are sheer and absolute pieces of SH*T, and, in my slightly biased, and not so humble opinion, can all go to f***ing h*ll.

Paint the front door of your house lime green, that should get their minds off of the vehicle issues. Kidding.....Hate HOA's. My uncle has to deal with that crap all of the time.(I think his HOA hates rednecks) Apartments aren't even THAT bad...

i, personally, would cut out the catalytic converters and run open headers. Thatll teach him whats loud and whats not.

im with him my neighbours did the same thing telling me to get a grarage i accendtly broke my y pipe a month or so ago and decided to reav it up before id leave lol they havet bothered me again sorry for bad spelling jkust finished working out and my handsa are shaking

Slick, no offense, but I'd force an HoA to take me to court before I let them tell me what to do... and I'd make sure to make their lives miserable in the process.

Somehow I've got a feeling an HOA is in a better position to make your life miserable.

The blinds in my front window were messed up a year or so ago by my dogs. They were young and curious and kinda tore up the bottom a little one day. The next day I get a knock on my door, and it's some guy holding a clipboard. He informs me that my blinds are destroyed and in need of immediate replacement and proceeds to hand me a business card for a blind service. He was being rude and I had just got home from a bad day at work, so I tossed the card over his head and informed him that I had every intention of fixing the blinds.

I then asked him, "Do you drive by my house every day looking for something to be wrong with it?"

Him, "Pretty much."

Me, "In that case I'm not going to fix the blinds, instead I'm going to leave them like that so every time you drive by my house you'll remember that I told you to go f*ck yourself."

Then I took his clipboard and closed the door.

I got a $50 fine and a $15 bill for the clipboard with a "Warning" about my behavior.

I sent them a "Nice" note with an IOU. I still have the clipboard and the blinds are still messed up.

"In that case I'm not going to fix the blinds, instead I'm going to leave them like that so every time you drive by my house you'll remember that I told you to go f*ck yourself."

I got a $50 fine and a $15 bill for the clipboard with a "Warning" about my behavior.

I sent them a "Nice" note with an IOU. I still have the clipboard and the blinds are still messed up.

thats funny right there, i dont care who ya are, hahahaha

Congrats on the condo bud. But holy hell, 180k for a 2 bedroom condo? I'm sure thats probably the going rate out there, just hard for me to believe since things are so much cheaper in Texas. Gotta give another holy hell to the HOA dues. Thats hard for me to comprehend. My HOA dues are only about 500$/year.

lol... welcome -from- Texas, I guess. That's a decent starter place out here on the "left" coast, even up here in WA. Congrats, Fueler, I'm sure the housewarming party was... err... *green.* B)

Edited by Mr. Pickles

Unfortunately, those HOA's and CC&R's are YOUR problem to deal with, and most of the newer versions have some bite, they can fine you and/or LIEN your property, as in you can't sell without dealing with it. I work in real estate title, and this is some of the stuff I see daily. "I didn't know" simply doesn't cut it at all, you will lose. When you signed to buy your place, and also usually if you signed a rental app for a house in a newer neighborhood, you also signed to accept documents detailing these rules (CC&R's, among others), and to agree and abide by the rules (look at the contract and stack of paperwork sitting in your closet or file cabinet), and to accept their penalties. Pretty much, you're stressed out while buying your house, here's a 100pg+ stack of stuff with a couple pages that could screw you, please sign. There are some ways around some of the stuff, or maybe you have cool owners that let you slide, but really, you're most likely screwed (based on your local laws, of course). Seller disclosure is generally not an issue, as you were almost guaranteed to have been handed a copy of those CC&R's/rules in that stack of paperwork you were given when you bought your place. I had a fukin-fit at my old place when they told me on like New Years day that I had unauthorized (Christmas) lights in place, only to read that sure as hell, anything other than white was considered against reg's. F- that isht, in my book. You really should be ok in older neighborhoods with CC&R's, as they're usually just protecting against some lost hippie trying to paint their house tye-dye, but the newer crap can kiss my arse. All in all, future homeowners, take note. By signing on the line, you already have given up your rights, and YES, HOA types are generally in full right to make your life hell, and charge you admission. Sign at your own risk.

Bye the way, you wouldn't believe some of the rules I've seen. No commerical vehicles is almost standard, so nobody in repair or construction is allowed to park unless in the garage or behind a fence... if at all. No RV's or boats, of course, then there's "no visible vehicle maintenance" except in a garage, no exterior parking for as short as 24 hours, besides the endless Architectural Control Committees that can control everything down to the exact species and locations that you can plant in your front yard as to be asthetically pleasing to your neighbors. Might as well hand them your rights in a sack along with the docs. "Please sign with your right hand, and extend your left for cuffs..."

Edited by Mr. Pickles

Unfortunately, those HOA's and CC&R's are YOUR problem to deal with, and most of the newer versions have some bite, they can fine you and/or LIEN your property, as in you can't sell without dealing with it. I work in real estate title, and this is some of the stuff I see daily. "I didn't know" simply doesn't cut it at all, you will lose. When you signed to buy your place, and also usually if you signed a rental app for a house in a newer neighborhood, you also signed to accept documents detailing these rules (CC&R's, among others), and to agree and abide by the rules (look at the contract and stack of paperwork sitting in your closet or file cabinet), and to accept their penalties. Pretty much, you're stressed out while buying your house, here's a 100pg+ stack of stuff with a couple pages that could screw you, please sign. There are some ways around some of the stuff, or maybe you have cool owners that let you slide, but really, you're most likely screwed (based on your local laws, of course). Seller disclosure is generally not an issue, as you were almost guaranteed to have been handed a copy of those CC&R's/rules in that stack of paperwork you were given when you bought your place. I had a fukin-fit at my old place when they told me on like New Years day that I had unauthorized (Christmas) lights in place, only to read that sure as hell, anything other than white was considered against reg's. F- that isht, in my book. You really should be ok in older neighborhoods with CC&R's, as they're usually just protecting against some lost hippie trying to paint their house tye-dye, but the newer crap can kiss my arse. All in all, future homeowners, take note. By signing on the line, you already have given up your rights, and YES, HOA types are generally in full right to make your life hell, and charge you admission. Sign at your own risk.

Bye the way, you wouldn't believe some of the rules I've seen. No commerical vehicles is almost standard, so nobody in repair or construction is allowed to park unless in the garage or behind a fence... if at all. No RV's or boats, of course, then there's "no visible vehicle maintenance" except in a garage, no exterior parking for as short as 24 hours, besides the endless Architectural Control Committees that can control everything down to the exact species and locations that you can plant in your front yard as to be asthetically pleasing to your neighbors. Might as well hand them your rights in a sack along with the docs. "Please sign with your right hand, and extend your left for cuffs..."

Best reply yet. That sums it up, well said P :aok:

My sister in law lives in a somewhat upscale neighborhood in Parker Colorado. Their HOA does help out during winter by shoveling off the sidwalks and driveways (unless a car is parked there) And there is a nice neighborhood pool and 3 seperate parks and even a batting cage. But they are so picky that they give you a choice of like 8 colors you can paint your house with 5 or so trim colors to go with it. If you do want to go a different color then you have to submit it to the HOA group and they have to unanimously (sp?) agree on the color. They even tried to tell the people they could not put up colored christmas lights, only white. That didnt go very far because since Christmas is a "religious" holiday to most people that they almost got sued from like 10 different people.

Yep, I parked on the side of the road in front of a friends house once, so that the parents could get out of the driveway if they needed to. Well a rep from the HOA came and said " get that ancient gas guzzling piece of junk off the street". Lol we told them f off and they tried to give me a ticket yet there were NO signs that said no parking there. I just ripped up the ticket, and haven't heard anything since :shrug: I wasn't about to pay 65 dollars for that.

Somehow I've got a feeling an HOA is in a better position to make your life miserable.

What're they gonna do? Fine me? Good luck... unless they have US Law on their side, I won't listen to a word they say. If they try to bring US Law in, I have ways of making them out to be the bad guys *grins slightly* if there's one thing I'm good at, it's... persuading... people to see my point of view :) Got me out of a LOT of scraps, both in primary/secondary school AND with the local and state law around here.

I'm gonna be helping my father-in-law build a house in a neighborhood with a HOA (Cherokee Bay in Maple Valley, WA). I really don't think they enforce the rules though. There area dozens of houses with boats, rv's, cars in the grass, two-foot tall weeds, tool sheds, crazy colored houses, open garages etc. etc.

He has 4 rentals in there right now in various states of repair and he hasn't been fined or given any warnings about anything. I guess it depends on the HOA you move into.

The blinds in my front window were messed up a year or so ago by my dogs. They were young and curious and kinda tore up the bottom a little one day. The next day I get a knock on my door, and it's some guy holding a clipboard. He informs me that my blinds are destroyed and in need of immediate replacement and proceeds to hand me a business card for a blind service. He was being rude and I had just got home from a bad day at work, so I tossed the card over his head and informed him that I had every intention of fixing the blinds.

I then asked him, "Do you drive by my house every day looking for something to be wrong with it?"

Him, "Pretty much."

Me, "In that case I'm not going to fix the blinds, instead I'm going to leave them like that so every time you drive by my house you'll remember that I told you to go f*ck yourself."

Top stuff TC ROLMAO1.gif

BowDown.gif

What're they gonna do? Fine me? Good luck... unless they have US Law on their side, I won't listen to a word they say. If they try to bring US Law in, I have ways of making them out to be the bad guys *grins slightly* if there's one thing I'm good at, it's... persuading... people to see my point of view :) Got me out of a LOT of scraps, both in primary/secondary school AND with the local and state law around here.

Did you read any of the previous stories? All depends on the HOA you have to deal with.

Like I said, if they want anything unreasonable out of me, they better be ready to take me to court. I highly doubt most would honestly be ready to go that far, much less spend that kind of money on something like that.

And if they were, I'd simply move my stuff the night before the court case and tell the judge "sorry, but I couldn't physically do it sooner because *whatever reason comes to mind insert here*"

Be their word against mine, and as the problem's solved

Young and dumb...

Firstly, most have a retainer on a lawyer for any legal action that should need to be taken. Secondly they have things called cameras these days, they take things called pictures which can be more incriminating than "their word". If you live in a controled neighborhood, they have you by the balls because you signed the papers to live there, don't like it, don't live there.

Not really... I lived in one for a short while... I say that because they left.

Not too sure how it happened, but an HOA tried to set up in my neighborhood a few years back... most of my street told them to fskc off, but they wound up setting up anyway cause a lot of the older folks liked the idea. However, since we were there first, we weren't about to abide by their petty desires.

And like I said - any HOA that makes unintelligable or otherwise outrageous demands has to be able to prove a legitimate reason for it... At least, that's how the US legal system used to work. Nowadays... eh...