40 year olds & Skateboards

Casey.T

They pinned me up yesterday, the arm block wore off about 4am... been up since... rummaging around the house... group health yet again fails to pay for prescription... Should be interesting the next couple of days...

:worthless:

Lets see some carnage! :D

• 1 month later...

Quick update...

Cast off 9/8/2008, still in a splint that i can take off when showering.

Surgery #2 will be next Friday to remove the pins. Right now I have about 15-20% use of my hand. the pins are killing me pain wise...

i sent pezzy the x-ray....

Quick update...

Cast off 9/8/2008, still in a splint that i can take off when showering.

Surgery #2 will be next Friday to remove the pins. Right now I have about 15-20% use of my hand. the pins are killing me pain wise...

i sent pezzy the x-ray....

Feck you didder good huh? Make sure you go for physio and do the exercises they give you....could make a world of difference.

Yeesh!! Never had pins and all the fun that entails. All I can say is I hope it heals well so you have 'normal' use of that hand. Good luck with the surgery and recovery. As much as the PT sucks, stick with it. It took me 12 weeks from surgery to lift my left arm (held straight out) to eye level, and that was everything I could do without collapsing. Haven't dislocated it since although it clicks some times and is only 1/2 an arm in reality.

Be well Bud.

B

Within the last year my brother had some of the bone in his shoulder cut out, because it was growing out to far and not allowing his arm it's full range of motion, also causing great pain. It was about two months before he could lift it as B said above, without much of the same pain. Even now with plenty more range and a lot less pain, he's still not all the way there yet. But it's getting better all the time.

Keep with it Thomas (funny, Tom is my brothers name too lol), may not feel like it now, but the PT will pay off :aok: