Wheels - Offsets + Lug patterns?

I have an '05 Pathfinder SE. Information's suprisingly scarce. I found one sight that mentioned the lug pattern being 6x 5.5" and that sounds kind of fishy as it should be measured in metric. What's the lug pattern?

Also, I have the stock alloys. Can anyone tell me the offset of these wheels? I'm assuming that if the offset goes out a bit, there's not going to be any problems with rubbing as their should be enough clearance with the stock height?

I have an '05 Pathfinder SE. Information's suprisingly scarce. I found one sight that mentioned the lug pattern being 6x 5.5" and that sounds kind of fishy as it should be measured in metric. What's the lug pattern?

Also, I have the stock alloys. Can anyone tell me the offset of these wheels? I'm assuming that if the offset goes out a bit, there's not going to be any problems with rubbing as their should be enough clearance with the stock height?

In the US wheels are still done and discussed in inches.

If you have an 05 pathy, the wheels should be 16x7 or 17x7.5. There were 5 and 6 spoke versions made by Alcoa and Enkei for Nissan.

All the R51 Pathfinders are 6 lug wheels and hubs.

The lug pattern is 6 x 5.5. This means there are 6 lugs on the hub and there is a 5.5 inch space in the middle for the spindle.

In the US wheels are still done and discussed in inches.

If you have an 05 pathy, the wheels should be 16x7 or 17x7.5. There were 5 and 6 spoke versions made by Alcoa and Enkei for Nissan.

All the R51 Pathfinders are 6 lug wheels and hubs.

The lug pattern is 6 x 5.5. This means there are 6 lugs on the hub and there is a 5.5 inch space in the middle for the spindle.

I meant mm for the lug pattern. 5x100, 5x114.3, etc...

Any idea on the offset? I was looking at a set of 16" black steelies and was wanting the get a slightly more agressive tire and stance that stock. The stock wheels are the 16"ers.

Also, would I require hub centric rings or is that dependent on the brand of wheel I go with?

I meant mm for the lug pattern. 5x100, 5x114.3, etc...

Any idea on the offset? I was looking at a set of 16" black steelies and was wanting the get a slightly more agressive tire and stance that stock. The stock wheels are the 16"ers.

Also, would I require hub centric rings or is that dependent on the brand of wheel I go with?

I believe the backspacing is 5.5 in and the offset is 30mm.

• 3 weeks later...
I believe the backspacing is 5.5 in and the offset is 30mm.

OK. So I'm thinking about doing a set of 16" wheels. If I stay with the same stock width and do +60, I'm hoping I can fit a more agressive tire on there without worrying about rubbing. I was even thinking about going a little bit wider, but I don't think I need anything that big.

I'm still looking around at lifts. If that 4x4 parts company in the nearby thread makes a 3" lift kit, I'll be set.

Now, the only thing I need are a set of hydraulic nerf bars that can extend about a foot out from the vehicle so the ass holes at work don't hit my car again. Not even two weeks in and I come out and find a dent and scratch. :shiftyeyes:

the lug pattern for the 2005 and up is 6x4.5 (6 x 114.3)

There are only two set of steel rims that will fit. The Nissan 16x6 steel rim that comes on the EX frontier and a chrysler 16x7 steel wheels.

This is not my truck but here is Pathy with the chrysler rims.

dscn1814lk6.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

There are only two set of steel rims that will fit. The Nissan 16x6 steel rim that comes on the EX frontier and a chrysler 16x7 steel wheels.

?

Only two sets?

So you're saying the 16" wheels with the same bolt pattern and multiple offsets to choose from won't?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

dscn1814lk6.jpg

Needs a lift and bigger rubbers! Looks badass though :D

Cause not everyone is into offroading, some of us wanna roll in 22's 24's

But isn't a 4x4 made for being functional on and off the road? Having 22's

looks good, I'll give you that. But the 4x4 capability is shot with bling wheels

But isn't a 4x4 made for being functional on and off the road? Having 22's

looks good, I'll give you that. But the 4x4 capability is shot with bling wheels

4X4 wheels look best when they are as small as possible, that is, tire profile is tall, just like in the picture above. That gives the best possible traction, cushioning and aired down performance. Big wheels with low profile tires look stupid on 4X4, like wearing dancing shoes with camouflage hunting gear. A truck is a truck, not sports car, low profile tires on big wheels are for city boy posers and pimps (for them parking on grass is off-roading).

• 3 weeks later...
Big wheels with low profile tires look stupid on 4X4, like wearing dancing shoes with camouflage hunting gear. A truck is a truck, not sports car, low profile tires on big wheels are for city boy posers and pimps (for them parking on grass is off-roading).

LOL, I couldn't agree with you more Petrus! The only argument would be the pimps... They only drive Escalades or Yukon Denali XLs...

And yeah, posers don't just hide behind 24's. There are guys everywhere who jack up a pick-up but never take it off the pavement. That is the epitome of a poser.

You're 10,000% right though. Blades and low-profile rubbers on a 4x4 is about as functional as putting dirtbike tires on a crotch rocket.

Right you are buddy! :aok:

Apparently being a "baller" is cool these days... I use the term loosely 'cause I think it's a bullsh*t facade. You know what's also a great idea? $4000 chameleon paint...

:stickwack:

Alright guys come on...the biggest point of this forum is because we all love PATHFINDERS...this is not only a great resource for off road questions, but it is also a great source for repair, maintenance, etc. questions. I don't like the rubber band look but more people like that than the big brawny tire look, so don't knock it.

Alright guys come on...the biggest point of this forum is because we all love PATHFINDERS...this is not only a great resource for off road questions, but it is also a great source for repair, maintenance, etc. questions. I don't like the rubber band look but more people like that than the big brawny tire look, so don't knock it.

It's just an opinion. I'm not here to knock anyone; I am here to express my opinion as this is essentially the purpose of a forum.