Pathy 3 link SAS build

The night time pics make it look real bad, its not as bad as it looks. I am spray painting everything with satin black rust inhibiting paint. I could care less if the frame rusts out.... more motivation for me to replace it with rectangular tubing.

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice workmanship.

couple of things.

your going to have bump steer with that horribly. Fix that and it will help with the front end jacking.

also the spring you have will do that, i have run both variable rate and liniar rate coils and i had that problem with the liniar rate coils

your going to hate yourself for not changing those stock axle suspension mounts in the rear.

• 2 weeks later...

LOL, just realized that some guys have posted in this thread. The front suspension geometry works like a charm, the rear geometry sucks something serious, im going to move the uppers so i have a single triangulated 4 link and get rid of the panhard. Here is how my steering and panhard angles look like in the front.

DSCF1312.jpg

I'll take some pics of how i killed the steering on a rock that didn't agree with me. haha

Yeah, I think an update would be cool. I live within 100 miles of him and would be interested in checking it out...

B

Less than that, my shop is in vallejo, right on hwy 29.

• 3 months later...

This is one of the best SAS I have seen. Going to do mine real soon, I can't get any taller without a body lift or SAS, and I want the flex this is a sweet job. Thanks for taking the time to post all this info.

• 1 month later...

Ehh, progress stalled a little because i'm waiting on a set of inner c's from BRC out of yuba city. I got a couple progress pics i guess..

Bent ass inner c's.

DSCF1334.jpg

bare axle housing.

DSCF1347.jpg

welded up frame axle link brackets/ coil retainer/ shock mount

DSCF1346.jpg

comparison between HD Moog ZJ springs and 5.5 inch bronco linears.

DSCF1342.jpg

I'm essentially doing the exact same thing to my truck right now. How have those ZJ springs worked out? What are the specs on those? How long are they under compression at that ride height?

Edited by daver123

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I have a question I am considering doing a SAS soon and want to know other than the Wagoneer dana 44 is there any other 44 from other jeeps like the wrangler or anything that is the same size or slighly smaller/larger that I could use and not really widen my track width on my pathy... The reason i posted here is I like this build and Nut seems like he has a great erray of knowledge on this subject... Plus I like the fact he gave a build sheet on parts and a general write-up on it