Did some work this weekend on the Pathy

amb4081

Well this weekend I did some much needed maintenance on my pathy. The t-stat has needed changing since last winter. This is the first time I have done much disassembly work myself on this rig. Once the fan and shroud were out, there was gobs of room.

I replaced the t-stat (Nissan), the upper & lower radiator hoses, the coupling to the t-stat housing, and added a Hayden transmission cooler (bypassed the stock one). So far I am pleased with the cooler. The tranny seems to shift smoother. Even the wife noticed. Now I feel comfortable knowing that the stock cooler, whether it was clogged or not, is out of the picture.

Just thought I'd post. Fun weekend! :D

:clap: Good job AB! What were you doing up at 12:30 am on a Monday night posting notes to Mr. Jim? That's pretty late when you have to be at work VERY EARLY Tues. morning.

I'm still amazed that folks can get well over 200,000 miles on these things. Hoping I can do the same. I'm on my way, with 132,000 miles on my 95. Still runs like a sewing machine. Love those Pathfinders!! YOU DA MAN!