West Coast Meet 'n Wheel

SteeevO

looks like there are alot of people that want to go on this the listis up to 40 trucks i believe, it's gonna be a good trip.

i'd say atleast get the sliders done and you'll be good. :aok:

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my list is so long, i'd need a $3k bank loan to get it all done AND save the money it's gunna cost to go down there. :blink:

just my "short list of stuff"

t-bar skid plate (that's a must have me tinks)

rock sliders

exhaust

spare tire n rim

bumpers & winch

manual hubs

center link

inner fender wells

new shocks & ss

body bolt (that didn't want to go in.. need help)

*sigh* and i was complaining about the gas? :blink: and my first bump in the road.. my monitor took a dive so have to spend half king's exhaust money on a new monitor :rant2:

Edited by Slick

i think it's safe to say that i'm going too. as long as i don't and exam or some chit (i assume we're going on a weekend anyway, so that shouldn't be a problem)

i shall write you an excuse from school........ family emergency.......... pathfinders in need of help down south........

hahaha. i can imagine giving a note like that to one of my professors...

dear mister professor man,

hey dude, sup yo? hey, check it out. my dude Charlie here, well, he can't come to school today because we have to sh!t n git down south.

there are 40 other Pathfinders in need of our participation in an outdoor activity of monumental proportions. he can NOT miss this. really.

so yo dude, like, be cool, and I swear I'll have him back by Monday.

Think of his absense as a god send or something..... and remember, his participation in this event is for the good of all outdoorsmen...... so, maybe he could even get x-tra credit or something?

thanks,

Slick

:aok:

Edited by Slick

EVENT has been changed to JOHNSON VALLEY

let me know if your status changed

per penski61 on rugged rocks............ 7/13/08

Edited by Slick

Thanks for posting that slick,

Nothing ELSE has changed only the location has changed, it's true we will be going to johnson valley. same dates 'n stuff. I'm putting together all of the trail runs, directions etc. all in google maps/google earth. and I will be posting a link.

sweet. i googled it n got maps n the OHV's site n stuff..... gunna be 105 miles closer for me to travel :jig:

what are the exact dates? oct 26th? i need to book my vaca NOW so i don't get smurfed for the time by another mgr

sweet. i googled it n got maps n the OHV's site n stuff..... gunna be 105 miles closer for me to travel :jig:

what are the exact dates? oct 26th? i need to book my vaca NOW so i don't get smurfed for the time by another mgr

almost, That friday is the 24th. thats when i'll be getting there.

almost, That friday is the 24th. thats when i'll be getting there.

cool beans, me too. :jig: oh, and you may wanna edit this topic and change the location on the header :aok:

• 1 month later...

yeah, sure is, and it doesn't look like i can go :( .......... not unless i win the lottery (and a machine shop)..... i still need a new windshield $250, new shocks and stabilizer $500, spare tire & rim $150, fenders cut $150 (my tools at work aren't good enuff), pitman & idler arms machined out $100, and various other little things totalling $200...... PLUS the $400 in gas to go........... yeah, someone's staying home at this rate.

just finished reading all 11 pages of the original link for this event. i replied with a question on rugged rocks off road forms, is there a scedule of events? and where is in Johnson valley is the round up?

i found where is johnson valley but its a big place. anyone with instructions?

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

We'll be meeting at the marker on means dry lake.

Here's the map:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&...e=UTF8&z=11

Sign up are also starting so we can get a feel for how many rigs are going to be on each run.

Here's the sign up thread on Rugged Rocks:

http://ruggedrocksoffroad.com/forum/index.php?topic=442.0

There are sign up threads on many other forums and it looks like quite a few are looking at the black diamond trails.

I hope you all can make it, and slick.. why so much machining?? machining pitman arms? What size spare do you need?

and gas prices have dropped a bit since the mid of summer.

I'll be getting there friday and leaving most likely monday morning... so it's really not that short of a trip, we'll also go and play in on sunday with those that stick around.

Edited by SteeevO