Rear side window gasket

Hi guys,

Is there a way to remove the plastic trim on the rear side window on my 98SE?

I've pointed to it in the pic.

The reason I want to this is because the black rubber gasket (lining) under it has managed to slip entirely under it. I just want to get it back out again.

Thanks all.

941ea1bd93.jpg

Edited by TheCROW163

Hi guys,

Is there a way to remove the plastic trim on the rear side window on my 98SE?

I've pointed to it in the pic.

The reason I want to this is because the black rubber gasket (lining) under it has managed to slip entirely under it. I just want to get it back out again.

Thanks all.

941ea1bd93.jpg

You should be able to access it trim inside the rear right. It is a pain but you can get the inside trim off enough to check it out. i pulled mine out looking for places to put in a CD antenna mount, which did not work. Just be real carelull with the little pastic screws and fsteners,

Do you have a FSM? I'll look it up and see what it says

Thanks kmgar99, but I have the FSM and in the Body & Trim section, they only say it has 4 fasteners.... No info on how to proceed.

Thanks anyway for your time. I appreciate it.

You should be able to access it trim inside the rear right. It is a pain but you can get the inside trim off enough to check it out. i pulled mine out looking for places to put in a CD antenna mount, which did not work. Just be real carelull with the little pastic screws and fsteners,

Thanks RWC5S2, I'll try it.

I'll also try to get a pic of it.

Thanks guys.

coming from an apprentice panel beater, we dismantle things the hard way. No such thing as a service manual in our shop, just think about it, take a second, and then start ripping off interior trim pieces till you find the fastners, i reckon they should be behind one of the pillar trims in the back there as RWC said.

Edited by RowdoggNZ

The clips look like a smaller version of what holds the sides of the rear bumper on. They also look like the same clips used to hold door panels on. Just use a screw driver with a rag protecting the truck and pop it off. You'll probably have to get new clips anyway.

Awesome Trainman, thanks!

I don't have this in my 98FSM.

The plastic part is what I need to remove, so I guess I just use a screw driver to pop it off then.

I hope I wont need new clis cos I can't find any around here.

Thanks guys for your input.