Anza Borrego / Ocotillo Wells - SHORT NOTICE

SteeevO

Ah I love Coyote Canyon. My history there goes way back. One time I rode a mountain bike from the town of Anza, down through all of Coyote canyon (used to be a mtn bike race track in the 80s) only to stray from the main trail and find that the "middle willows" and "lower willows" were completely overgrown and impossible to bike through. I spent a few nights out there until finally a sheriffs chopper came and rescued us, that one made the news from SD to LA.

Also, one time my suspension collapsed at the very top of Coyote Canyon trail (if you start at Digornio). That made for a very intense slow crawl all the way back down with a strut bashing holes into my engine bay

Anybody know if the trail from the town of Anza (which is technically riverside county BTW), down to baileys cabin, and through coyote canyon on to borrego springs is do-able? A year ago i read a rumor that bulldozers made the trail possible.

Edited by FUELER

Nice pics, i love coyote canyon

looks like the 4runner got nice and stuck in the soft stuff LOL

I did this part (rated medium in one of my offroading books) in my stock Infiniti QX4 while lifted jeeps stopped at the bottom and turned around :)

anza-borrego-4x4-trip-80.jpg