VH45 Swap & SAS Update (Merged Threads)

Well........it's super hard to get good pictures in the garage but here are a few.

Pretty much sleeper status. :unsure:

IMG_5142.jpg

Homemade rear truss with some not so awesome welds

IMG_5101.jpg

Start of the rear shock mounts. These will tie into the entire rear part of the cage with about 12 more tubes. Critique all you want but it's far from finished!!!

IMG_5137.jpg

Edited by tmorgan4
  • Like 1

Tyler, you're animal!!!!

Props!! So jealous!

PS question about yoru hydrolocked VG33 - how did that go down?

The reason i ask, is i hydrolocked mine over the weekend and it fired up but ran funny for 20 mins. Now runs fine, should I worry?

Good to hear! Sorry I'm late on responding but it sounds like you got it figured out. I've had that happen quite a few times where it runs rough for a couple hours and then eventually dries out. Much easier fix than a new engine!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks again for all the compliments. Helps to find the motivation to finish it!

I finally got a bunch of laser cut parts in today I've been waiting on for a month and a half. I got the radiator mounted and it worked out great. I'm actually beginning to think that this might actually be drivable again someday.

A bunch of hoses I ordered from Samco should show up soon that had to be made and shipped from the UK. My other set of ORIs should be here at the end of March that I ordered in December. I have a fuel pump on the way.

I think it's cool to see parts go from CAD to being built when they fit like they're supposed to. Spent a lot of time thinking how to mount the radiator so it's easily removable but it's not going anywhere when it's mounted. There will be another support tying the upper and lower mounts together between the fans and there will be rubber between the radiator and mount.

The reason for all the heims on the front end is the "radiator support" is completely removable and the only way of getting the engine out. Once it's unbolted the entire engine, transmission, and Atlas can be pulled out as a single unit.

SWRadiator.jpg

IMG_5161.jpg

IMG_5162.jpg

IMG_5163.jpg

IMG_5167.jpg

Edited by tmorgan4

• 1 month later...

damn tyler that thing is a beast. i cant wait to get mine done! im thinking mine is not gonna be quite as radical as yours though. my suspension is not, just a good old three link in the front with panhard and a four link with a panhard in the rear with coils. im just wanting the engine you've got to jump into mine already. lol

• 3 weeks later...

Looks pretty good,

You might want to re-think your hydro steering setup though.

you want your links to be straight at FULL lock.

if not, you'll wear yout that cylinder in NO time.

Haven't gotten much of anything done lately. I'm trying to buy dry sump parts but ATI has had my crank damper for 3 weeks and hasn't even looked at it yet. I'm trying to get them to make a custom one but they aren't very cooperative. :angry:

Looks pretty good,

You might want to re-think your hydro steering setup though.

you want your links to be straight at FULL lock.

if not, you'll wear yout that cylinder in NO time.

I've found that this depends on who you ask. Howe recommends having the tie rod in line with the ram at full extension, but PSC says otherwise. PSC recommends that you split the difference so that's how I've got mine mounted. :)

Howe:

http://www.howeperformance.com/pdfs/dbl-end%20ram%20mtg.pdf

PSC

http://www.pscmotorsports.com/tech/double_end.pdf