Stock ride height?

HankG

My brother and I are trying to decide if my Pathfinder has a lift on it already (I have zero history for the vehicle past the previous owner who only had it for 2k miles). It looks like it quite possibly might be lifted already, but there are no definite signs of it. If anyone could tell me the stock ride height of a 96 SE, measured from the middle of the hub to the fender, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,

Hank

Well those look like the stock black KYB struts.... very often, people will replace struts at the same time as a lift so thats kinda weird

but it sure as hell looks lifted to me... clearly taller than my stock suspension R50

Edited by FUELER

Those are just cheap shocks I put on a while ago. I was planning on replacing everything when I lifted it, but it looks like that isn't necessary now. I think I like my Pathfinder more every day. :D Thanks everyone for the help.

Tough to say from the pics. And a little bit of an optical illusion with the rear bumper and flares removed.

I am going to say stock suspension because of the reletively flat angle of the front lower control arm and the rear lower trailing arm.

On a lifted Pathy these angles are more pronounced than your pics.

Would anyone be willing to grab some measurements to clear this up? Either stock or lifted would work for comparing. From the middle of the hub to the flare should give a pretty accurate idea even accounting for sagging and such.

I'm saying stock because I wish I had those CV angles.

Edit: Isn't there a post from a while back where someone took all these height measurements at different points on their R50? I recall seeing pics with red arrows if my memory serves me right.

Edited by DJ Dank

Hate to burst your bubble but I am going to have to say stock. Here are some pics I snapped of my CV's. You can see the angle is much different than what I see in your pics. Also keep in mind, the fender flares extend past the actual fenders by probably about an inch so when they are removed you really do see quite a bigger gap in the wheel well.

IMG_1287.jpg

IMG_1285.jpg

Here's what my rear coil looks like.

IMG_1288.jpg

Thanks for the info. :) Looks like it pretty definitely isn't lifted then. I can't say I mind; if this is stock then I can't wait to see what it's like lifted. Although, this makes me wonder why it seems to be so uncommon to run 33s after the lift. It looks like I could just about run them right now if I trimmed the front fenders and got rims with the right backspacing to clear the struts. I am very new to all of this stuff, is there something I'm missing that makes it hard?

I'm also pretty certain that your suspension is stock. Here is a picture I took today, (not the best camera_phone) next to another Pathfinder. You can kinda see the a-arm angles are quite different, yours are more like the one on the right.

post-1862-1210734391_thumb.jpg

Edited by Orangetang

Thanks for the info. :) Looks like it pretty definitely isn't lifted then. I can't say I mind; if this is stock then I can't wait to see what it's like lifted. Although, this makes me wonder why it seems to be so uncommon to run 33s after the lift. It looks like I could just about run them right now if I trimmed the front fenders and got rims with the right backspacing to clear the struts. I am very new to all of this stuff, is there something I'm missing that makes it hard?

Key statement... "if I trimmed the front fenders"

Depending how much trimming you do will allow for the bigger tire. So you can certainly run 33's or bigger (it has been done before) with trimming. Near impossible to run a 33 without trimming if you want to turn :aok:

I have a couple good reasons to trim my fenders regardless of fitting larger tires, so that isn't a problem. For one, the passenger fender is damaged from a PO's accident and the trimming would actually remove a fair bit of the damage. The other is that removing the flares left a somewhat ugly line in the paint and trimming would get rid of those as well.

Thanks for the help everyone. :)