WHEELIN at Frank Raines

Slick

Do You guys have any objections to a couple of Fords tagging along?

I mentioned our trip on a local Forum and a couple of guys are interested in going.

I know they are not Nissans But I won't hold it against them.

Mark

i don't care :itsallgood:

X2

I still haven't had time to fix king. really hoping it IS the starter and not something else! i have tomorrow afternoon to pull him apart....... oh yay........ can't wait :ill:

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

X2

I still haven't had time to fix king. really hoping it IS the starter and not something else! i have tomorrow afternoon to pull him apart....... oh yay........ can't wait :ill:

check your Pm.

Here is the thread to the starter fix.

http://www.4x4parts.com/ubbthreads/showfla...part=3&vc=1

Are you getting a click when you turn the key or nothing?

Let me know how it goes. I Have some stuff I need to get done on mine tonight, But I may have some time to help you out if you need to do the rewire thing.

Try hooking up a jumper wire from 12V to the black/purple wire and see if the starter works. That should tell you if the starter is really the problem or if it is the wiring

Mark

Edited by msavides

yeah, i was thinking about it all day at work..... it clicks (all the bells n whistles are on) and the starter "buzzes" like it WANTS to work.... so i am 99% sure it's not that.... you know me and electrical.... i will try to check it out as best i can and let you know if i find anything (we know how THAT went with the CC cable lmao!)

nothing was loose or out of place. i wiggled wires by the battery. tried to start him... CLICK. ok, went down below n smacked the starter. same result. CLICK. followed the wires from battery to starter.... nothin amiss.

NOW........ that fateful morning.... as i was driving king to work, that clusterfeck of wires from that half assed keyless install they did on king after the locks got fubard all fell down from under the steering column ( i had stuffed em up there cuz i had no idea which ones i could cut awf n which had to stay).... my foot hit em a couple times.

however...... i had to move king after bein at work a few hours... started perfect, i moved him all of 5 feet to the left.

15 minutes later, i had to move him again, and CLIK, BUZZ, NOTHIN. that was all he wrote.

today all i get is the CLICK.... mebbe that fuel pump? as i didn't hear it kick on....... well, it won't now will it....

what about if the coil went out? i can't find ANYTHING..... omg this is gunna SUCK ASS if i can't get this truck running :rant2::ar15:

fuel gauge isn't working........ and pump just clicks......... i think that pump we put in went out......... can we use the "tester" pump? or was there something other than the fuel gauge won't work? i checked ALL my fuses/relays, all good.......

Edited by Slick

If the fuel rail is pressurized, the fuel pump will not pump until the pressure is relieved, . if it is not running the fuel pump will not run. as for the fuel gauge not sure on that one. sound like it is electrical issue. Possible loose or broken wire.

Mark

If the fuel rail is pressurized, the fuel pump will not pump until the pressure is relieved, . if it is not running the fuel pump will not run. as for the fuel gauge not sure on that one. sound like it is electrical issue. Possible loose or broken wire.

Mark

funny thing is......... i have been smelling gas at idle...... never had that before....... and the pump usually makes a noise when the iggy is ON....... i get NOTHING now from king. before i could actually HEAR it before i started him up....... and the fuel gauge going dead is another mystery, as you know, it worked FINE.... i checked the pump from inside and under the truck. i found 2 wiring harnesses above the axel that had the wires CUT off both of them.. (nothing related to the fuel pump tho)...... everything on the pump looks fine... i have been at it for 2 HOURS and i can't find a damn thing wrong...... :rant2:

*and my "check" (not check engine) light has been on since i started driving him....... *le sigh*

Edited by Slick

funny thing is......... i have been smelling gas at idle...... never had that before....... and the pump usually makes a noise when the iggy is ON....... i get NOTHING now from king. before i could actually HEAR it before i started him up....... and the fuel gauge going dead is another mystery, as you know, it worked FINE.... i checked the pump from inside and under the truck. i found 2 wiring harnesses above the axel that had the wires CUT off both of them.. (nothing related to the fuel pump tho)...... everything on the pump looks fine... i have been at it for 2 HOURS and i can't find a damn thing wrong...... :rant2:

*and my "check" (not check engine) light has been on since i started driving him....... *le sigh*

I will see if I can swing by and help

Mark

i have 2 hand held walkie talkies.......

and, it is 10pm and me n mark JUST got king done...... it was the starter :rant2: $200 lighter of pocket... we're set to go :jig:

THANKS MARK (yet again!)

*** MY CELL NUMBER IN CASE ANYONE NEEDS TO CALL ME 510-***-**** (it will be deleted tomorrow when we leave my house)

Edited by Slick

headcount:

my house @ 8am:

joebob

froggy

mark

@ jack in the box in Patterson @ 9am:

sean (yar1)

statutory ape

is that everyone?

Edited by Slick

FRS will be in use, not CB?

we can use CB and FRS. Because of the range limitation of frs generally the lead vehicle and the tail vehicle has CB And FRS. That way we can all communicate via relay even if we have to when we get out of range. I also have an extra Handheld CB

How about channel 14 for CB and channel 7 for FRS.

Sound good. I will also have My SWR meter with me if anyone needs to tune their cb.

Mark

we can use CB and FRS. Because of the range limitation of frs generally the lead vehicle and the tail vehicle has CB And FRS. That way we can all communicate via relay even if we have to when we get out of range. I also have an extra Handheld CB

How about channel 14 for CB and channel 7 for FRS.

Sound good. I will also have My SWR meter with me if anyone needs to tune their cb.

Mark

:blink: lost me, but ok lol. i'll hand my 2 doodads over to you to "tune them in"..... they suck, have a 3 mile radius but work good at under 1 miles in the mtns........ sean and froggy both used em....

Can you tell I really wanted to go Wheeling. tomorrow

of course you waited until after we fixed king to tell me that you would have just took Mini

Mark

Edited by msavides

:blink: lost me, but ok lol. i'll hand my 2 doodads over to you to "tune them in"..... they suck, have a 3 mile radius but work good at under 1 miles in the mtns........ sean and froggy both used em....

your doodads are FRS not CB .. no tuning. they were designed sucky. all frs is sucky

Can you tell I really wanted to go Wheeling. tomorrow

of course you waited until after we fixed king to tell me that you would have just took Mini

Mark

yes, but i REALLY REAAAAAAAAALLY didn't want to take her....... she is the RELIABLE DD... and she already has enuff issues..... but i also didn't want to flake. AGAIN. that is the ONLY reason i would have taken her.

your doodads are FRS not CB .. no tuning. they were designed sucky. all frs is sucky

hehe..... i am ignorant. like i said, i can build you a great engine........ after that.....

wooo so king is coming? suweet... I can't get power to my CB... wiring it through the cigarette lighter keeps blowing fuses... I don't know wth I'm doing ><... I got two hand held FRS radios that I'll be bringing though.

wooo so king is coming? suweet... I can't get power to my CB... wiring it through the cigarette lighter keeps blowing fuses... I don't know wth I'm doing ><... I got two hand held FRS radios that I'll be bringing though.

yes, king could NOT worm his way outta this one...... thanks in LARGE PART to Mark comin by without me askin to help a gal out....... the old fart is alive n kicking.

and DAMN them sparks looked cool in the pitch dark! hahahahaha!!!!!!!!!

my CB receives power from the same 2 wires that power my stereo. it was pretty easy to do it that way.

Thank you all for showing up.. I had an awesome time and it was Great Meeting 3 other members of NPORA. I hope we can all go wheeling again. every one was safe and considerate as always and we had no major casualties. That is always a great Day wheeling. We all did some challenging trails and I hope everyone had a great of a time as I did. Next run we will try and plan a Trip to my Friend Art's Cabin Near Bear Valley. I know it will be a pretty long drive for some of you but Trust me when I say this It is worth it for the scenery, And Best of all it is free, (besides the price of gas) Keep an Eye on this forum for a future announcement of the trip.

Mark

yup, i 2nd what mark said, it was a GREAT day yesterday, little (minor) carnage, everyone was smart n sensible and was very considerate of the others.

some great lookin rigs and some great owners behind the wheel.

y'all are awesome! :beer:

yup, i 2nd what mark said, it was a GREAT day yesterday, little (minor) carnage, everyone was smart n sensible and was very considerate of the others.

some great lookin rigs and some great owners behind the wheel.

y'all are awesome! :beer:

SWEEEEEEEET!!!!!Sounds like a good time all around!It's nice to know that these trips can still get organized with just a bit of effort-good on y'all!!!Hopefully I'll have that rebuilt tranny and maybe RIKK and SC88 can make the next trip also and show up from our neck of the woods!!!! :beer:

SWEEEEEEEET!!!!!Sounds like a good time all around!It's nice to know that these trips can still get organized with just a bit of effort-good on y'all!!!Hopefully I'll have that rebuilt tranny and maybe RIKK and SC88 can make the next trip also and show up from our neck of the woods!!!! :beer:

yup. god times good times........ here's the link to the pics and videos.......

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=18594

I have no clue when my bro will get the video made :P but as soon as I get it I'll post it up for sure

yeah! you guys musta got some good footage considering i saw that cam hangin out the window most of the day lol :aok:

have you checked out the vids mark posted? and the ones i posted up in my photobucket?