Sonoma County R50s

So I live in Rohnert Park and I drive a bone stock blue 1997 Pathfinder and I've noticed over the past 2 years of living here (I go to Sonoma State) that there is a ton of lifted R50s here. Are there any Sonoma County PATHY owners here on NPORA?

The R50s I see quite often go as follows: 97-99.5 black lifted, w/33s (wells trimmed), rear bumper removed, exhaust, tinted, etc. Then there's a 99.5+ R50 I see everywhere, really clean looking ride with a chrome turn down - rear bumper removed as well. (AC lift and all) And lastly, there's a 97-99.5 Tan pathy with rock sliders, lift, etc. (I see this in the parking lot at school)

And there's a black QX4 which may not even be lifted but has some aggressive tires on it in the parking lot as well.

So yea, roll call?

PS: I hate you guys. I want my lift, etc so bad. (all mods coming in summer)

I am in So. Calif......Thousand Oaks, Ventura County. I have seen 1 other R-50 that has a few mods but nothing special. I am running the A/C lift, full under armor, custom rear and front bumpers and 1" strut spacers. I agree that the Pathy owners should hang out like the Just Empty Every Pocket folks do. I joined Point Mugu 4x4 but I am the only Nissan. Got a couple of Toyota's and Bronco's. Seems around here the only off road use the Pathy's get is the speed bumps at the mall. Heavy sigh......

I am in So. Calif......Thousand Oaks, Ventura County. I have seen 1 other R-50 that has a few mods but nothing special. I am running the A/C lift, full under armor, custom rear and front bumpers and 1" strut spacers. I agree that the Pathy owners should hang out like the Just Empty Every Pocket folks do. I joined Point Mugu 4x4 but I am the only Nissan. Got a couple of Toyota's and Bronco's. Seems around here the only off road use the Pathy's get is the speed bumps at the mall. Heavy sigh......

It's crazy then here in Sonoma, with the amount of modded R50s! I guess not too many people know about what you can do to a Pathfinder, they just get up and buy a Yota or something. NPORA has potential, we just need to get more activity. (i can't say I've been too active tho)

I have those 1" spacers, and I'm getting everything done this summer. (School/work is hefty) I can't wait to get all my mods done, I am sick of my Pathy's 'stockness'.

It's crazy then here in Sonoma, with the amount of modded R50s! I guess not too many people know about what you can do to a Pathfinder, they just get up and buy a Yota or something. NPORA has potential, we just need to get more activity. (i can't say I've been too active tho)

I have those 1" spacers, and I'm getting everything done this summer. (School/work is hefty) I can't wait to get all my mods done, I am sick of my Pathy's 'stockness'.

It is a shame that more folks do not know about the Pathy's capabilities. They will never be rock crawlers but they sure do every thing else well. I notice that the choice of off-road vehicle can vary a lot on geographic area's but the danged Jeeps always seem to have the most. Gotta be the after market parts availability plus Jeeps have been around for 60 years.

Good to hear you are going to do some mod's on yours. The Pathy's sure do look awesome lifted and tricked out a bit. I get all kinds of looks from mine with the A/C lift, strut spacers and bumpers. They can not believe how much better it looks, not to mention the Jeep crowd being blown away that I can run with the best of them, other than the rock crawler part.

Wonder if it be worth your efforts to put an ad in the paper (or similar) inviting R-50 folks to meet at a local off-road spot to enjoy a day of wheeling. Just a thought.

Hope you get your mod's soon..............you will be a very happy camper with the results.

It is a shame that more folks do not know about the Pathy's capabilities. They will never be rock crawlers but they sure do every thing else well. I notice that the choice of off-road vehicle can vary a lot on geographic area's but the danged Jeeps always seem to have the most. Gotta be the after market parts availability plus Jeeps have been around for 60 years.

plus they come with solid front axles :aok:

Yea, I'm gonna keep the forum updated on what I do to my Pathy (as well as post pics when I do, gotta steal the GFs digital).

The good thing is I have a friend who knows one of the R50 owners, and the rest go to Sonoma State so I might just leave notes, or talk to 'em if I see them on the street.

Yea, I'm gonna keep the forum updated on what I do to my Pathy (as well as post pics when I do, gotta steal the GFs digital).

The good thing is I have a friend who knows one of the R50 owners, and the rest go to Sonoma State so I might just leave notes, or talk to 'em if I see them on the street.

Making up some flyers sounds like a decent idea. There has to be a few that would enjoy doing some wheeling. And wheeling in a group of like minded folks is always more fun.

Keep us posted on your efforts and results.

He spoke Thizzlamic, but I can understand him. He said, "Al Boo Boo the eagle has landed." My reply, "Pronto, Cuzzin, execute stage two, put the turkey in the oven."