tire size poll!

cuddey4x4

what size tires?  

415 members have voted

1. 1. what size tires are you running?

• 29-or less
    • 37+ or more

I have 33 snow tires in front 32 swamper radials in the rear no lift sagging suspension Lego wheels and a little rubbing not to bad though still have flairs on also that seems to be the rubbing

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

I am actually not sure is the best place to post, however... I'll try here before in case opening a new post.

I am a new member, with very little knowledge of the Pathfinder (I had it just a bit more than a month and few thousand Km) and generally speaking of offroad and mechanics, but very much willing to learn the three things.

Few weeks ago, I got stuck on a quicksand and now, to avoid it, I am planning to buy a new set of wheels) and may be raise the WD21 a bit. I found locally (Philippines) some MudTerrain (32 x 11.5 R15) tires and I have few questions that puzzles me before purchasing, may be someone would be so kind to help me clear my mind ?

Right now I am mounting some 31 10.5 R15 AT over original wheels, Picture attached.

1. Would this tires fit my Terrano without excessively modifing ? ( I might remove the fender flares and mudguard because they are actually almost falling apart and may be the stepboard or at least reduce it's size)

2. What size of rims/mags should I buy for it ? (found also some Roh which are very affordable, but I would have to buy from a separate dealer, than I need specific size to be sure they will fit)

3. On a volcanic sand / low river/ stones mixed size terrain, would those tire be an improvement, or I better think about something else ?

4. Is it reasonable to have 2 sets of wheels (one for the offroading and one for normal daily routine) ?

5. Should I first think of a body lift / suspension lift or the wheels ? What would be more effective to avoid getting stuck ?

Thank you in advance for your time and experience.

Here the pictures...

Front and Back actually installed. (for my poor knowledge, seems there wouldn't be any problem putting a slightly larger tire, but again... I would prefer a more competent opinion :).

IMG_1842_zpsw2mb8nmm.jpg

IMG_1841_zpstowdqwfw.jpg

The MT I found ...

Screen%20Shot%202017-01-05%20at%2011.32.

Screen%20Shot%202017-01-05%20at%2011.39.

Here a picture of the car itself...

IMG_1797_zpsqmrzpxxk.jpg

The terrain and the car stuck...

IMG_1707_zpscbbf30iy.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I am actually not sure is the best place to post, however... I'll try here before in case opening a new post.

I am a new member, with very little knowledge of the Pathfinder (I had it just a bit more than a month and few thousand Km) and generally speaking of offroad and mechanics, but very much willing to learn the three things.

Few weeks ago, I got stuck on a quicksand and now, to avoid it, I am planning to buy a new set of wheels) and may be raise the WD21 a bit. I found locally (Philippines) some MudTerrain (32 x 11.5 R15) tires and I have few questions that puzzles me before purchasing, may be someone would be so kind to help me clear my mind ?

Right now I am mounting some 31 10.5 R15 AT over original wheels, Picture attached.

1. Would this tires fit my Terrano without excessively modifing ? ( I might remove the fender flares and mudguard because they are actually almost falling apart and may be the stepboard or at least reduce it's size)

2. What size of rims/mags should I buy for it ? (found also some Roh which are very affordable, but I would have to buy from a separate dealer, than I need specific size to be sure they will fit)

3. On a volcanic sand / low river/ stones mixed size terrain, would those tire be an improvement, or I better think about something else ?

4. Is it reasonable to have 2 sets of wheels (one for the offroading and one for normal daily routine) ?

5. Should I first think of a body lift / suspension lift or the wheels ? What would be more effective to avoid getting stuck ?

Thank you in advance for your time and experience.

Here the pictures...

Front and Back actually installed. (for my poor knowledge, seems there wouldn't be any problem putting a slightly larger tire, but again... I would prefer a more competent opinion :).

IMG_1842_zpsw2mb8nmm.jpg

IMG_1841_zpstowdqwfw.jpg

The MT I found ...

Screen%20Shot%202017-01-05%20at%2011.32.

Screen%20Shot%202017-01-05%20at%2011.39.

Here a picture of the car itself...

IMG_1797_zpsqmrzpxxk.jpg

The terrain and the car stuck...

IMG_1707_zpscbbf30iy.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

33x12.50r15 beadlocks on super swampers with 3.5in SL and 2in BL. Only rub is on the fender flares in corners at turns and on flex. Thinking about trimming to get rid of it and give it a better look. Have to paint the truck regardless so really not much stopping me.

• 3 weeks later...