33x10.50 tires!

nmpath

I have the AC lift and need some bigger tires. I dont want to go very wide if i dont have to so i was hoping I could fit some 33X10.5X15s on a 3.75BS wheel. If they wont fit I am thinking about 32x11.50s or 265/75/16s on the stock wheels. Does anyone know if the 33s will fit? Thanks

I have the AC lift and need some bigger tires. I dont want to go very wide if i dont have to so i was hoping I could fit some 33X10.5X15s on a 3.75BS wheel. If they wont fit I am thinking about 32x11.50s or 265/75/16s on the stock wheels. Does anyone know if the 33s will fit? Thanks

You can go 33x9.50x15, 32x10.50x15 or 32x11.50x15. In either event you will rub with the AC lift but it's not hard to fix and they will not rub all that bad unless you really stuff the tires into the wheel wells. Just use a Saw-zall or good utility knife to trim away the excess plastic in the wheel wells. You can trim off a lot of plastic without ever showing on the out side.

I ended up selling my 33x9.5x15 and going with the 32x11.5x15 as the 9.5 was just too narrow in the sandy Mojave Desert. They looked pretty good on the street and rode great.

With some trimming you can fit the 33's. It would be a little easier too if you had maybe .75" or 1" strut spacer, but if you are planning on offroad much then go with the 32's. The 33's won't be able to tuck much & if you do go with a spacer you will wear out CVs quicker than nessasary. Just my $.02 though.

When I get home I'll post some pics of "some" trimming.

Yes they will fit. When you air down a tire it only affects the bottom of the tire where it is contacting the driving surface.. Since the tire is aired down it might "sway" in or out depending on if you're rock crawling or whatever you're driving on. The tire could possibly contact the strut for a second during that time but it will not be rubbing all the time.

wait the 33s will fit?

They will, fit, but there will be rubbing. If I were you, I would go with the 32's and a 3.75-4" backspace rim.
You can go 33x9.50x15, 32x10.50x15 or 32x11.50x15.
With some trimming you can fit the 33's.
Yes they will fit.

:shrug:

Edited by Zibi

:shrug:

Yes, the 33's will fit but you will have to trim the wheel wells. Yes, the 33"s will look quite skinny. On anything over 31's you should plan on trimming the wheel wells of the majority of the plastic that extends beyond the connections but still inside the wheel well. It will also help if you drill some holes in the splash guards and use zip ties to pull the guards deeper into the wheel well. Kind of a pain to reach around attaching the ties but is an easy fix for most of the potential rubbing sources. There is just a lot of excess plastic/rubber junk inside the wheel wells that is there for mainly commestic purposes.

Also, the 33x9.50x15's are not the best choice for offroading in mud or real sandy conditions. Just too dang thin so even airing down to 10lbs will not give you the traction really needed. The only way to abvoid that is with LSD rear end. It will help a lot. As I said above I ended going back to 32"s just to get a fatter tire for the off-roading.