Pathy Not Starting

geoff

Can anyone help me? My pathy wont start. When I turn the key I get all the power to the windows, doors, radio, etc. But it wont start. Just a couple of clicks than nothing. I took the battery and had it tested. Its good. I think it might be the starter but I got it started once after it quit working and than it wouldnt start again. So would that still be the starter? And if so how do I change that out? Any suggestions?

BTW it is a 93 Pathy SE.

First thing to do, as has been mentioned here many times, is check all your connections. A loose ground wire, either on the battery, or the vehicle could cause it to do this.

If it is the starter, it's not hard to replace, just sometimes a PITA to get out of it's location, but it's do-able. I've never done it on mine, so I'm not sure on the specifics, but I'm sure someone could shed some light. :aok:

Good luck :beer:

Thanks guys. I saw the starter replacement guide right after I posted. Sorry. But my question was do you think it could be that? I had already checked all the connections everything was good. I have heard starters go bad before and it sounded different than on other cars. Thats why I was wondering. But Pathys are a diff kind of vehicle so who knows. I am attempting to replace it tomorrow. I dont know much about cars so wish me luck. Thanks for the help.