Shocks

the stock adjustable ones are on my truck, the ride is great, although it is a little "caddilackey" on the comfort setting

I'm looking at the Rancho 5000's, but how much of a ride difference am I looking at? Is it going to be noticeably smoother, or are the Rancho's a pretty stiff ride? If anyone knows of better/cheaper let me know.

What does a full set of the Ranchos cost? Anyone know and are they worth it? :shrug:

if you are going to go with rancho's , get the adjustable kind ... you'll be happier with them ...

I have TrailMaster SSV's on my rig ... and I dont really like them ... I am looking into getting a set of bilsteins ... but am first going to get the tripple shock setup

the stock adjustable ones are on my truck, the ride is great, although it is a little "caddilackey" on the comfort setting

Is there any aftermarket one for replacing the stock adjustable ones?

no, you have to get them from the dealership. There are a set on ebay right now though, if you're in need.

i'll look for the ad

It's funny how the search feature works on e-Bay... I've searched for "Pathfinder shock" and it only returned me Casio Pathfinder watchers, I thought it would return anything having the word "shock", either "shock" or "shocks"...

no, you have to get them from the dealership. There are a set on ebay right now though, if you're in need.

i'll look for the ad

They don't send it to Brazil... but I can ask my brother-in-law, who lives in NY, to send it to me. I'll check the costs.

Here the local Nissan dealer asked what is about US$ 230 for each shock... If I needed both front and rear shocks, that would do more than US$ 900... what would it be installed?? US$ 1000? US$ 1100? US$ 1200??? Crazy! :(

For that price, I'd prefer to buy a complete Calmini lift kit! :P

yep, Nissan is retarded like that but the stock SE shocks are a pretty nice ride, but i hear that ranchos are a good truck shock

Rancho RS5000's are $38 apiece. Pay much more than that and you're getting ripped off. The RS9000's are about $80 each...

The Rancho shocks are noisy. When you go over bumps, they make a whooshing noise. I don't have much experience with any other kind of shocks so that's my input on the matter.

And what about KYB? What kind do you have, GR-2 or Gas-A-Just? Worth?

The RH rear shock of my Path is bad, so I need to change the rear shocks. As now I don't have much $$$ to spend on them (and I plan to save for a lift in the future) I'm thinking about a cheap one, but worth.

Hum.... will I have any problems if I buy some rear shocks like those for Paths with 1.5" to 3" lift? :confused:

I intend to do a lift in the future, maybe that using JGC coils, and don't want to spend money buying shocks that I'll have to replace in a short period of time like 6 months, or less.

http://www.allshocks.com/bilstein/html/offroad.html

Here is a link to Bilsteins offroad shock section.

Bilstein doesn't sell the 5100 & above series for stock height trucks, only lifted trucks.

These shocks I got a quote for $240 for all 4 shocks from www.shox.com for stock replacement Bilsteins.

TO get a correct price on 5100s call Shane @ Bilstein

1-800-537-1085.

I am a newb and hevan't been here for awhile, but I remember several months ago someone was mentioning a set of (I'm pretty sure) Monroe shocks that work well. I remember the poster saying that they drove like the they were set up in the middle of the comfort and performace settings. I *think* that the poster might have said that they are a generic version of the R5000 made by the same company. I was looking for info b/c I thought that my shocks might be bad, but I now think that its the springs/torsion bars.

Happy hunting.

$80 for 9000s? Man, I would rather get Bilsteins for that price.

I'd be happy if I pay $80 for Rancho 9000... Here in Brazil it costs $140 each one...

That's because the 60% import tax plus the shipping costs... :(

"Is there something wrong with your truck?" It gets old...

Tell them it's an auto air locker for bumps :laugh:

I think it's a cool sound that should be patended(sp) :aok:

I have pro-comp 3000, can't remember exactly but they are the ones step up from stock replacements, and I really like them. much better then the gas gabriels that were on there from the PO. I feel the ride is awesome. It sure doesn't seem too stiff. I payed soomewhere around $30 ea. which I thought wasn't too bad at all.

Any one had experience with the Old Man Emu Shocks? How about the Calminis? In the next month or so I am going to purchase a Susp. Lift, and it is pretty much down to those. I've heard that you get less problems with the OME, and it costs a few hundred less, but you only get 1.5" of lift...does anyone have experience with either of these kits?