Photo Radar blocking

Little Mule

Didn't they have an LCD cover on one of the cars in that Spike TV wannabe Cannonball Run show? They flipped a switch, it turned white instantly, flip it off back to clear.

Any device used to attempt to circumvent the camera or radar is illegal, or will be made illegal once realized by the "Authorities".

LOL, forgot about that show, that was amusing stuff (if drawn out and delayed).

That's not a half bad idea though, as there is already an existing window tinting/blocking technology, I do believe. You can have a clear window, click a remote, and it will turn opaque. An alternative to window blinds. It usually takes a while, 30 seconds or so, but maybe it could be rigged to detect the flash or something else. Flash/blind/buh-bye

I did just recently read an article about a town that was canceling their photo radar contract because not enough people were getting caught. Yes, the city bluntly admitted they were installed to generate revenue, but people were slowing down where the cameras were and the revenue flow was not what they wanted so they were getting rid of them!

So that is the ONLY proven solution to date - LEARN where the cameras are, EDUCATE everyone where they are, and SLOW down when driving by the cameras.

Auburn, WA, is considering this now, up the road about 10 miles from here. They wanted to be pioneers a few years ago, and they made cash for a while. Now, not so much. My co-worker, among others (his teenage daughter being the cause) has been fighting these things too, due to the legality of charging the owner of the vehicle with no proof of whom is actually driving.

Hopefully, others are to follow. This big-brother bull@!*% is driving me nuts. I have an elementary school at the end of my block, and I drive slow and respectfully in the neighborhood. They put in photo-radar in 2006-2007 school year in all school zones in the city limits (Bonney Lake, WA). Sounds like a good idea, right? Among literally the first to get caught, posted in the local paper... mayor and police chief's wife. Mysteriously, the photo-radar went away this year...

Wait wait wait, so they ticket the car with no proof who was driving it? F that!

Burden of proof indeed, duck down low when they click you!!

"And in other news, seems as though The Matrix, a movie from the turn of the century, is coming true finally..."

Wait wait wait, so they ticket the car with no proof who was driving it? F that!

"And in other news, seems as though The Matrix, a movie from the turn of the century, is coming true finally..."

You know they are trying to do them all up and down 95 from DC to northisde 695?

Yikes!

Funny that these things are never in town where more pedestrians are injured from speeding...highway fatality is only high due to the interstate speed be it 55 or 85 death is way more prevelant...in town oh well sh** he just got a couple broken bones for walking across the road when that guy ran the red light or sped around a corner and failed to yiled to a ped-xing!!!

They take multiple picture here, including your face. My pic was right on the ticket driving. I found out I need to smile more while driving.

Part of the platform our current Premier used to get elected was the removal of photo radar. Still have red light cameras but I'm not dumb enough to run a red.

They're currently working on putting these things on the highway I take to school everyday (for you ontarians, highway 416 and 417, which is the queensway) but I still see cops sitting there from time to time. But I've gone by them at 115kmh and 120kmh and never get pulled. I wonder what they'll set the cameras for :shiftyeyes:

My dad told me a couple weeks ago that he was on his way to work in his pathy when the light turned yellow, but it was too late to stop, and wow, he said that while he was in the middle of the intersection, he saw 2 flashes in his rear mirror. You'd think you'd get a little leeway

i say shoot/steal/break/run over those things. These things are very expensive. Once they lose about a mil over it maybe theyll give up.

I once got a $400 ticket for reckless driving cause my tire spun over some rocks on the pavement in my old 300ZX. I made damn sure they had something to spend that money on afterwards...

The world is full of pussies and the pussies have taken control.

The warranty leads me to believe it wouldn't last long for offroaders.

(copy/pasted from their website)

What is your warranty?

We only offer our warranty on products that are: installed by a certified installer, used on private property with smooth terrain (grass, pavement, firm crushed stone, etc...), are installed on a maximum of three cars total over its usage period, if no tickets have been issued to the plate in which the car is registered, and our warranty is only offered on products that have been registered. Our warranty only covers manufacturers defect, and not against cracks or leaks due to extreme conditions (weather, excessive noise/vibration over 145 dB constant pressure).

might as well balance an egg on your hood.

i dont think theres anything you can do that wont get you into trouble with the cops anyway. if theyre behind you and they see that you got this dark tinted crap all over your tags theyre gonna pull you over speeding or not.

you could mount it somewhere up under or like someone said under their spare tire. but that all depends on the angle/amount of cameras.

my tag is stuck in the rear window grommet on the inside of my D21. if need be i could snatch it down but i really never have a reason to. im just too lazy to find some screws and retap the mounts on my bumper.

maybe if there was some way you could coat the tag with a glossy laquer, you could reflect the flash back into the lens.

really doubt it though. you pay taxes for a reason. you cant win a fight if your enemy is taking your resources.

I wonder if you could fight reflective with reflective and wash out the pic. My buddy is into mountain biking pretty hard, and he has these little pin reflector things that you can stick on trees for night riding down a trail/course. They're tiny and really shiny off of little light. Lots of light produces that star effect. I guess the point being, if the camera is going to flash, I wonder if you could provide so much reflection (reflective tape and such on the bumper, reflectors, something like these pins, etc.) that it over-exposes the pic. More thoughts...

• 1 month later...
You must not have seen the episode where they beat the photo radar by going like 175mph(IIRC) in a badass sports car. :shiftyeyes: The did several passes increasing the speed each time until they drove past the camera so fast it never knew they where there.(meaning it didn't even take a pic) I'm not 100% sure if that was mythbusters or some similar show, but I'm sure someone else saw it and will jump in with a :clickdalink: or something. :crossedwires:

It was top gear dude, watched the video like 20 mins ago

LINK:http://youtube.com/results?search_query=top+gear+speed+camera&search_type=

ROWDOGG TO THE RESCUE / LINK!!

Good find... I knew I saw that somewhere.

*edited to say*

I just re-watched it and something strikes me as strange... If this is a British Show, why are they measuring speed in MPH instead of KPH?

Edited by TrailChaser