Rear Spring Options For Lifting Your WD21 Pathy

88pathoffroad

in a perfect world, yes the panhard bar should be parallel to the axle, but I have been running my setup without it for many years now... When you go full flex, you axle will be a little un-centered, meaning one of your wheels will come out more on one side than the other.

For the break line, agina it depends on the amount of lift you put.. There is always some extra lenght but, at one point yes, you should be extending your lines.

S.

It depends on how high you go for the pan hard rod, 2" debatable, 3+ probably, although in reality the condition of the bushings is probably equally important.

the stock brake line should be good for 2-3" of lift, it is only mounted about 6" off center and has some slack. Might want to look at it if you go higher and have a lot of flex.

Spring outer and inner dimension at the base of the spring are needed. But i also need a picture and drawing of the spring SEAT . WIth this i will make the spacers ! Who's helping for a free pair of spacers?

I have too much to do to pull the springs right now, but I can offer the tip that the easiest way to measure the spring perch is to oil it lightly, put some modeling or even pottery clay on it, put a board on that, then take both off in one piece and start photographing/measuring the replication. I have done a lot of machining where this was the only way to measure the part, only we used dental potting compound and sometimes silly putty. It works...

B

• Like 1

I just wanted to say thanks for all the help. I want to try new set of front coil springs that i got for free. 4" id and 2 3/4 at pig tail and 18" high. I have new Calmini shocks on order and wanted to try these springs out. I just didn't want to tear a brake line and i wanted to see if i had to do the drop for track bar. thanks again for the help. p.s. ill do my best on taking the right measurements for the rear coil spring spacers.

I put my new 09 rubicon coil spring on and I rear only got about an 1" lift at the most. I have a problem with my left rear end sagging still:( I don't need to replace the brake lines or put a pan hard bracket it yet lol. I do think with these new springs the ride is way nicer then stock springs. what do you guys do with your e brake lines? when I flex with the sway bar disconnected the e brake lines are a problem know with full flex. Some people say just cut them off but I like my e brake there for when I put my ride into 4 wheel drive

• 2 weeks later...

I bought some OME Springs and they have the exact measurements that was posted earlier in this thread but OME says it's only going to lift my truck 1.75" when it seems closer to 3"!

http://www.rocky-road.com/nissan-pathfinder-lift-kit.html

OME2920 at the bottom (1.75")

Will I need UCA's for this setup? I also ordered 30% increased spring rate torsion bars to lift up the front along with the new springs and shocks... just curious if I need aftermarket UCA's? What would happen if I don't get UCA's?

Edited by enkrypt3d

Did you measure it before you put the lift on? If so that would tell you how high it went up. If not measure it and see how high it sets and look and see what stock sets at. That should get you in the ball park range hope it helps

yea I measured the fender before the springs went on (32") and after almost 35" in the rear. On the front I had the aftermarket torsion bars but they had to crank them way up to get the truck level. Also put on longer shocks and hoping they're not too long as they were pretty tough to get installed... Would an aftermarket UCA allow for more travel on the front suspension as well as save the ball joints from wear? Thanks

Yes UCA would help I have mine on order. I had calmini shocks on order but its been 5 weeks and still on back order so I canceled the order. What shocks did you order and how much?

Sent from my Z795G using Tapatalk

Bilstein 5100 Front: PN 33-230405 Shock Length 16.4”

OEM Front Shock length 13.6”

Bilstein 5100 Rears: PN 33-230320 Shock Length 24.5”

OEM Rear Shock Length: 22.85”

These are the shock I bought which bilstein said they'd fit with a 2-3" lift... without a lift you'd have to get shorter ones so call bilstein to ensure that you order the correct length! The front OEM shocks are super short but with these it gives plenty of travel. Going to order some UCA's so I can reduce the tension on the torsion bars and get a better ride / alignment as the truck wants to wander all over the highway making me look like a drunkard! lol

Nice I need an alignment also do to all the fab work on my new center link I had made. I'll wait till I get my new uca in. Let me know how you like the shocks after you run they for a little bit and maybe I might pick up a set.

• 3 weeks later...

Bilstein 5100 Front: PN 33-230405 Shock Length 16.4”

OEM Front Shock length 13.6”

Bilstein 5100 Rears: PN 33-230320 Shock Length 24.5”

OEM Rear Shock Length: 22.85”

These are the shock I bought which bilstein said they'd fit with a 2-3" lift...

That's about what I am wanting to do. How are those shocks (those specific model numbers)? I just called Bilstein and they told me that I would have to have a suspension shop measure everything after I do the lift, but I'm sure you or someone on here has more useful information on what I need. I'm looking mostly at the 5100s.

More on topic, do many of you have experience with the Ford coils? Mostly I'm reading about people using Grand Cherokee coils, but I'd like to be able to go to the junkyard with as many options as I can.

That's about what I am wanting to do. How are those shocks (those specific model numbers)? I just called Bilstein and they told me that I would have to have a suspension shop measure everything after I do the lift, but I'm sure you or someone on here has more useful information on what I need. I'm looking mostly at the 5100s.

More on topic, do many of you have experience with the Ford coils? Mostly I'm reading about people using Grand Cherokee coils, but I'd like to be able to go to the junkyard with as many options as I can.

That's just what bilstein gave me when I called them. They are a bit long in the front though...

And they are a lot softer than the rancho 5000's but still firm. Doesn't ride like a caddy or anything but it's much better. I had to get these since the 4600's were on backorder.

I dont see how you guys are getting a 3" lift off jgc springs. I have a set off a 98 5.9l gc and with the pig tail cut off it's at 17" long and .55 for the wire and it still sets like stock if you ask me. I put 4x4parts uca on and the new rear coil springs on but the front sets at 34" and the rear is 32". I'm thinking of buying lifted coil springs for the rear and cut to fit my pathy :suicide: I have wasted a lot of money on these coil spring :thumbsdown:

There is a thread around here that details OAL, number of coils and wire diameter...

IIRC .59 is the thickest JGC wire diameter and would be what you want to get the most lift. I do not have the measurements on mine, but they easily gave me 3" of lift when I put them in as the 4th owner in my first Pathy, now maybe 2.5" in my second.

B