Okay, I guess I will be first.

MrJim

I will follow up with other area boards if this gets any response. After the event this week where no one from NPORA showed up for except me, I wanted to make a corner for locals to talk and plan so that does not happen again.

Jim

I don't know if my response counts since I'm not a member. But I got a point to make here. Jim has worked his butt off make a place for you guys to belong, play and learn and not a single guy showed up to help out. Not only was he asking for people to show up, but to help out with our spotting/marshalling duties. I wouldn't have mattered didly squat if your rig wasn't tough enough (and apparently from reading some of the posts, some of the guys just don't think their pathfinders ARE tough enough) you could have supported Jim's efforts and come out to help.

We will have the same event on next year, same weekend (the last weekend before July 4th). It'd be great to start planning now to get your rigs ready, plan vacation days etc and make this an NPORA event. Get everyone together to meet up who normally don't get to meet. You can create your own intraclub challenges, get together for a BBQ afterwards. Maybe take a run to Greenwater and watch Jim go airborne (sorry Jim, I can't let you live that one down!) on Sunday, etc.

I think it'd be great to see 50 pathfinders roll up all at once and then show their stuff on the courses. If I knew that we had a committment from a club like yours, for some decent numbers, we could make you part of the event.

I could see it now; using the Obstacle Course (Not the Tuff Truck Course) for a Pathfinder race. Running in both directions, winner would have the best time with the fewest penalty points. Next year I hope to put in the mud prix. We just didn't have time to put it all together this year. We can run a mud bog competition for just the pathfinders.

Whaddya think folks? Jim showed well as the only Pathfinder there. He breezed through the Obstacle Course and just about made it out of the mud pit.

Got any interest in making this a club event for 2005?

I was very impressed with the event. There was a strong showing of people there and if you guys advertised it, it would have been crazy busy. Next year, you should charge $5 entry fee and make some extra money. I would have paid it.

Anyway, I will be there next year and I am sure that some of the local members will be joining me too.

I just got home and so no photos or videos again tonight, but I will get to them soon. Just sooo tired...

Jim

The NPORA group as a whole has been awesome. I do wish some could have come as I would have liked to hang out with them, but things happen and no one understands that better than me. I am not upset about it so there is no problem.

Next year, I do hope that we can make a strong showing. :P

Jim

Yeah, shame on me for being laid off for the last month, broke beyond belief and having steering so sloppy that the toe changes every time I hit a bump on the road. :P

I would have been there if I could, but things just didn't work out.

How many guys in the NPORA are in the Northwest????? I'm curious.

I know how frustrating it is to try to organize something and have your people around you not follow through. I don't know who was who, but Jim said he had 4 people to help out and noone got back to him over the last week and didn't return his communications. This is what frustrated me, on Jim's behalf. It's not my business to know who backed out, nor do I care. I hope the people that backed out (without even letting Jim know) will be more considerate for any future plans.

I've had people suggest charging money, but if I can keep getting enough sponsors, I'd rather do it for free. I'd rather have people by up more raffle tickets, hot dogs, etc and set up a donation area somewhere for next year.

Well, let's move on. I owe these guys alot. We are a family and they have stood by me plenty of times in the past. I do not want to beat this into the ground.

I do hope we can make a strong showing next year. Time will tell. Let's drop it for now though.

Thanks,

Jim

It's dropped by me. I don't want to step on everyone's toes. Jim's a really cool guy and he informed me offline about what you guys have done for him. Thanks for looking after your fellow wheeler and friend.

I still look forward to having a big NPORA showing. If we can get a plan together early enough, we can have your local guys help build a course that would challenge your rigs and make a course perfect for the guys and girls that are travelling in from out of town.

No hard feelings here. I like to lay my positions out on the line. I hope I didn't offend anyone.

We are not like that. Besides, we import drivers have to stick together. We openly acknowledge that the Toyotas are hard to beat on the trails, but that does not mean that we like our Pathfinders any less. :)

Jim

The Pathy was my second choice when I was shopping for me new rig. The deciding factor for me was the availability of cool stuff for the 4Runner vs Pathy.

There just aren't as many Pathfinders going offroad as Toyotas and it's much harder to find Pathfinder offroad part. I'm not referring to brush guards and fancy lights, I mean suspension systems, lockers, drive train upgrades etc.

So I bought my Toy. I then took just about everything Toy off the rig. Go Figure!

I don't think anyone here would dispute that... :angry:

Jim

You know, now that I know what I know, everything I've done to my Toy, other than the dual cases could be done to a Pathfinder SAS up front, rear leaf springs. At that point, what you had is irrelevant as it's all been cut off. My rig start IFS and a 4 link rear coil system with a phenomenal ramp score of about 400 sly

Now, it ramps about 1200 even with 40" tires.

The point being that whether your rig started as Toyota or Nissan, If you're willing to start cutting, grinding and welding, what you started with is completely irrelevant.

It's funny that after 10 years of working on my rig and several others, I've come to the realization that with some basic suspension and fabrication skills, you can take just about anything, even a Pathfinder :D and make it a high end trail rig.

So, who's gonna get building??

Are you offering free parts??

:P

No, not free parts. I sold just about everything.

But if you want to see what I've done and get an idea about how to do something similar on your pathy, that I can do.

I looks a lot more complicated that it is to get rid of that IFS. Even a Toy swap is probably easier than you think.

Guest 95PathDN

As "easy" as it may be, we are still talking a couple grand right? But I suppose if we spend upwards of $700 for a complete kit for pathys, then we are approaching the price of SAS, right?

As "easy" as it may be, we are still talking a couple grand right? But I suppose if we spend upwards of $700 for a complete kit for pathys, then we are approaching the price of SAS, right?

I didn't mean easy as in dollars and cents. No, I have about $15,000 invested UNDER my truck. I mean easy as in cut off the entire suspension and just weld on a new one. After doing a couple of rigs now, it's getting much less scary. It's the committment to making the first critical cut where there's no turning back that's tough.

Since doing any major suspension work is not a bolt on affair, you have to make sure you're committed all the way... On the other hand, to do all this stuff, maybe we should be committed - to a crazy house!