Headlight adjusters installed......

SnowKat

Hey all,

Life and dial-up make for long gaps in posts.....

So, I finally installed my Old Man Emu headlight adjusters... :)

About 12 hours of wrestling but they are soooooooooo worth it. They are the just the comfort level suspension as I am a rally guy and the 'Q is my wifes first then mine. The truck handles amazingly well (don't ask how I inadvertantly tested them.... ) with little roll and now the headlights are straight.... The 'Q is now 18" front and 20" rear flat... from 17" FL, 17.5 FR, 18.5 RR, and 19.25 LR - measured from the bottom of the fender to the center of the wheel. Also, of note the factory installed the pasenger front spring cap backwards which made me freak for a bit because I did the drivers side first and thought I did it wrong...... the passenger side showed more wear in general and some bolts were harder to remove. Now the truck tracks perfectally straight at any speed. Unfortunatly, now I have the occasional urge to bash over curbs and offroad through peoples yards and farms.

Also, managed to install a new deck without losing the steering wheel controls...... the install kits and converters cost more than the deck..... music finaly doesn't sound like its being played under water.

I'll say it again, I hope to be back sooner next time.

Markus

Nice write up! got after pics?

I know what you mean about the front yards. I'm sure there have been several times when people hear a screaming 3.3L at 3am, look out their window only to see my QX4 shooting rooster tails against the side of their house!!

I'll post an after pic as soon as I can.

It's a 3.5 ton Michelin Jack, I don't know who the mfg is. Thank god it goes up about 22" the rear springs were a pain in the a$$. A real "don't try this at home" moment with the rear bumper above waist high and wrestling with the springs.....

Markus

• 3 weeks later...