Installing an aftermarket stereo

Nick

what colour are the wires that are left over? I just installed a deck in my girlfriends 93 pathfinder and had the exact same issue. It ended up being a wire that needed to be put to ground. (can't remember the colour right now but I believe it was pink with a black stripe). I wired in an aftermarket deck (no adapter harness, just old fashioned splicing) and the dash lights and heater control lights didn't work after (stereo worked fine). Pink-black stripe wire was then put to ground and the dash lights work fine now. We still didn't get the heater control lights back on yet, but im sure it's the other wire right beside it, probably also has to go to ground. Worth a shot!

Edited by Nefarious
  • Like 1

Well you are indeed correct! My problem was I tried grounding it to the harness ground, the thought never crossed my mind to chassis ground it. My dash illumination and heater control lights are now functional! So as for you problem with your heater control lights not working, I know its silly to ask but have you checked the bulbs? And of course there is always the “they are all the same except the ones that are different” theory.

Thank you so much for the info, I hope I can return the favor in the future.