Wheeling soon

packie88

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm game. how else am i going to try out the rear locker :D besides jeremy you did say it was 1 beer per pull out. think about all the potential people getting stuck. :beer: hahaha

Edited by aries247

i'm game. how else am i going to try out the rear locker :D besides jeremy you did say it was 1 beer per pull out. think about all the potential people getting stuck. :beer: hahaha

true enough.

Just so you all know

I drink Henry's Blue Bore Ale.

Giggity

Looks like I am going to have to bow out this time... Sorry guys, I know I was the one who suggested the date, but there is little that I can do about it now :shrug:

This is the first time I have even been on the board for a while now, I planned on swapping in some 4.8 gears, installing my locker and body lift then putting the 33's I bought on all before the 15th, but as of now I hardly have enough time to put gas in it.

We had a back burner job become priority one and have to splice over 16,000 copper lines along with 192 fiber strands, then cutover (move service) nearly 1800 active copper lines and just under 100 fiber connections from the old lines to the new... all by the 17th. To add to it, we have to complete work at each splice point that was not done by other crews before we can do our own job :angry:

I have been working from well before dawn to waaaay after dark since last week (including the weekend) and unless we get done early, we will not have a day off until the weekend following the 17th (22-23).

With a little luck I'll be able to attend, but odds are I will not be there. And if I am, my truck will not be as I planned it P...

Well, Im out, again. I have to work saturdays again through March. So that just slammed the lid shut for me. Sorry guys, I wanted to go bad! After this one, we should plan another outing within, like, 2 months or so.

Sunova... that's too bad. Well, we'll have a next time for sure.

I'm going to look into exploring some areas around Rimrock Lake off Hwy12 east of White Pass, and west of Yakima. I heard there are some nice trails over there, and its near the Naches and various off-road stuff too. Sounds like there's tough stuff, as well as mild (family friendly) mountain trails. There's some good trout fishing on Rimrock Lake, we knocked the hell out of them over there in June 2006. Hmmm

hmmm... with that much snow.. you guys still game? I saw the same pics on NW wheelers.

I"m good.. you guys?

Sh*t, checking now. I just saw how the hills got another foot, this at a time when it should be melting more than piling up.

*just checked. Crap. Are they talking about that little side trail, right off the main parking area to the left? If that's the case, and they're getting stuck in those rigs and that little road... well, I'm not sure I'd have any business out there in mine. Hmmm... looks more like a low-land day, or a ski day instead. I'd rather wheel than shovel snow. :blink:

LOL *checks again* Yep, they're saying all they did was hit the parking area, then that short little trail to the left (102), which is usually just a chain of puddles and stuff most of the year. That's by far the easiest little thing up there, and they had to turn around.

http://12.198.237.243/faithwheelers/faith%...creek%20map.jpg

Sorry guys, I think I may have to reconsinder this one yet again. :(

Edited by Mr. Pickles

This is most of the time. Its usually just a simple flat trail of water holes along the side of the hill, a bit lower in elevation than from where Packie had to be pulled out back in the day.

1-5.jpg

This is the same trail when the NW Wheelers just ran it.

1-7.jpg

2-1.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Edited by Mr. Pickles

im still down. pickles im in ellensburg so close to what you thinking of. i think like 50-60 miles iirc. anyway id be down to hit some of those up with you when you do go.

there is some trails back in town. There use to be a nice hillclimp right off the trail. Also there is some trails off the lower road that goes to the ranger station. There is a lake back there too. Kinda like the lake past the orv park. But i tryed to go there last fall and it got washed out in that rain we had.

there is some trails back in town. There use to be a nice hillclimp right off the trail. Also there is some trails off the lower road that goes to the ranger station. There is a lake back there too. Kinda like the lake past the orv park. But i tryed to go there last fall and it got washed out in that rain we had.

I've been out that lower road too, where you take a left at the Y after the 1 lane bridge. You could go straight out and into Mt. Rainier National Park to the campground, and take a short hike up to the Carbon Glacier. There was the bridge across the river before you enter the park, and from there some forest service roads and trails. Last I heard (about a month ago), that lower road was still washed out and so was the bridge, and the greenies were trying to press for it to stay closed permanently and only be foot or bike accessible. BS. I've also heard of the other trails down by Carbonado, but I don't know where and can't seem to find anything. I've got a buddy with a Taco who knows them, but he can't make it out. Anybody know these trails?

I've been out that lower road too, where you take a left at the Y after the 1 lane bridge. You could go straight out and into Mt. Rainier National Park to the campground, and take a short hike up to the Carbon Glacier. There was the bridge across the river before you enter the park, and from there some forest service roads and trails. Last I heard (about a month ago), that lower road was still washed out and so was the bridge, and the greenies were trying to press for it to stay closed permanently and only be foot or bike accessible. BS. I've also heard of the other trails down by Carbonado, but I don't know where and can't seem to find anything. I've got a buddy with a Taco who knows them, but he can't make it out. Anybody know these trails?

ya, you go left in town, then head up past the quarry. there are a few places up there.. but nothing of any substance.. I could go everywhere in my Bone stock 2000 frontier with street tires.

the lower bridge is still there and the road i think is open. The road workers were just finished with the rd to the rangerstation a few months back, right befor the snow came. Ya the trails back in town by the quary are easy if there was no snow. Snow being the olny thing in the way. If its to crapy to go fishing tomarow, I'm going to go shooting up there. I will check it out. I'll be the olny rig in my troop going so is i start to get nervos with the snow i will turn around. So I will update latter tomarrow about the upper and lower roads. I think i'll be doing more scouting trails then shooting my .22

The trails have alot of snow. The lower road is closed at the ranger station. The bridge is still there and the rd is back open but just the snow was the olny problems. There is some good rock climimg over ther in the summer or no snow. There was alot of people shooting guns and rideing quads. The snow is sticking tough in the shadded trails/ parts. I dont know the trail name but its the one that gos from the lower rd to the orv park. I could not even get to the bridge over the creek, but did see a new stolen ride up there. I'm still in!

Edited by da0z

OK.. lets make this final.

410 Cafe in Buckly march 15 9am?

ME, I'll meet you guys at the chevron up the hill at 9:30.. Reason (backroads, avoid the cops.. so i don't have to tow)

I'll plow the road.. as long as there is not more than 4 feet of snow, i'm good.

who's up for snow camping?

I'm definately up for it.