thinking change suspension system pathy wd21

pakoe

Hi, I'm thinking in change the suspension system of my pathy. My idea is based on the trailmaster lif kit of 4", but i don't like down 4" the front differential, i prefer that front differential, is more high, and substitute the torsions bars for a sistem coilover+ shock, like a new pathfinder. My intention is down only the differntial about 2"or2.5", no more, and the other inch up to 4", with the same system of trailmaster. I'm seeing in ebay the front shocks, and i like the bilstein adjustable for toyota tacuma/tundra, but, my question isthat i don't kown how tall are these coil springs for this cars?. Thank you.

hmmmmmm.....thats an interesting idea.....not a whole lot of people have done coilovers on pathfinders because of the weak places to mount them our trucks werent meant for coilovers and about the diff lowering....not too familiar with that too much so maybe someone else can chime in.........maybe..

oh and you will want shocks for a pathfinder not a yota :) Good Luck!

I think that isn't very dificult, the idea is simply, the shocks can be for toyota, any problem with this, because more or less the weight are the same, the problem ca be a find it the coil spring that will be good, because i have find the lenght good, for this, the bilstein adjustable that i see in ebay for toyota i like, because it have 3 positions for choose. Now only is one idea in my head, but if i can do it, i will put photos of the mod. i hope. Regards

Since you are in spain I don't know if you have heard or seen the website www.4x4parts.com but they have a forum there with tons of SAS (solid axle swap) that may give you an idea of what has been done...and there is a lot of information there on this topic

Hi, Unccpathfinder, yes i kown 4x4parts, all my suspension is buy to them. and i kown the forum, but i don't kown that int topic SAS, have talked about this idea, i will see, i need more information. Thank you for your help.

Hi, Unccpathfinder, yes i kown 4x4parts, all my suspension is buy to them. and i kown the forum, but i don't kown that int topic SAS, have talked about this idea, i will see, i need more information. Thank you for your help.

no problems...I actually just remembered someone was going to "build a kit" with coil overs about 5 or 6 months ago on here...I don't remember who it was but they had a system in the working and were looking for interested patrons...maybe I can find this link tonight if I remember and post it up

Hi again, i can't see all photos, this system is the same that i'm thinking, but this coilovers are more expensive for me. I think that will use the bilstein lift suspension for Tacoma, the price for this shocks ara more cheap, and are adjustable too. Thank you.