Ring in 2008

Mr. Pickles

So a mild-starting Sunday ended up with a frantic and heart-wrenching run to the hospital. My sister-in-law, along with my 6 month old nephew and 2 1/2 year old niece, were already en route via an ambulance. We actually beat them there, and luckily there wasn't much more than a SERIOUS scare and some whiplash, bumps and bruises. The kid's car seats worked great!

Worse off was the family truckster, a 2002 (I think) Chevy truck - turned accordian. The other driver in a late 90's/early 2000's Ford Explorer didn't see that traffic on the highway had stopped to allow a left turn, so the driver and her vehicle (with her own child, thankfully ok) apparently hit full-on at 35-45mph. The bed of the truck was pushed into the cab, the whole thing was smashed up, the truck box/tool box ripped half way off, and the tow truck ended up having to literally pull the Explorer out from under the wreckage of the truck, as it was tilted up in the air. OMG.

Good news: mom & kids are ok, at home with meds for mom's pain. We all thought 2007 was a brutal year. Welcome, 2008! :(

Man sounds like a bad accident. Thank goodness mom and kids are ok(in both vehicles). I freak out all the time now when my preggy wife tells me she and my 2 yr old daughter are going to visit her sister. It is only and hour away but it and hour on I-25 through Denver.