My New 88!

trogdor

I had been looking for another pathfinder for a while now and I came across this one on Ebay, and I had to have it. So aI bid a whopping $660 and it was mine, and absolutely no rust on the frame or the body. The winch was bought with the car and it still works like it is new the interior is in great shape, and it runs like a dream drove it back from California and was getting 20 mpg I missed my original 88 so I had to buy another, and this what I ended up with let me know what you think. :dance:

19ba_1.jpg

1a1d_1.jpg

1a30_1.jpg

19fc_1.jpg

Edited by trogdor

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is a V6 How I got 20 mpg not sure but that is what it added up to. It was a private seller.

...just on a side note, I regularly get 20 on the freeway in both my '86 Hardbody V6 and my '94 Pathfinder V6. The Pathy will actually do 21 if it's level freeway with cruise control. I hear people make these comments, but I didn't think that was anything special, since both trucks do it...

...but congrats on the new Pathy! I'm not a fan of 2-door vehicles in general, but it sounds like you got a screamin' deal, and that one looks nice with the winch mount and the light bar.

Edited by Teknogaeque

It does have alot of miles on it 290,000 to be exact, but it has been so well cared for to me it does not matter what I was really wanting from it was a frame and body that are rust free, and that is exactly what I got. those are Bfg, they are getting worn down but they still have enough tread to pass a safety inspection.

I'm not a big fan of the light bar but it has been growing on me.

Yeah, I wanted one when I got my 88, finally got one from a friend and it just sits in the shed. The factory roof rack is in the way of where the "bar" mounts right now. I'm planning to buid a stouter rack for it with new front mount points so I can use the bar for the PIAAs currently on my basket.

Very good deal!

Were the Targa light bars a dealer option?

I think they were a factory option, part of a "sport" package that added the winch bar in the front also. The light bars came with those big 4"x6" lights with hard covers that said "Pathfinder" on them.

That is a great price, I paid $1,500 for mine in November in CA and then drove it back to WI, but only got 19mpg with mine. Mine has only 150,000 miles on it, with no rust and it works great with no problems since I got back and it saw its first snow.

Here I am getting ready to drive across the salt flats on my trip home.

Utah_1.jpg

A friendly Utah State Patrol officer was waiting just around the corner to welcome me to the state!

Tom

You have a nice rig, the paint on yours looks way better than mine, so you took I-80 on the way home then? those State Troopers are letter of the law type. :thumbsdown: which is funny coming from me, because I was a cop. I fixed an exhaust leak and my pathy is running even better now I way more power, its great.

Mine is pretty clean, but I don't have the push bar or winch, which I would like to have. Mine had a new alternator, starter, brakes and exhaust just before I bought it on Craigs List, but then I paid three times what you did for yours. You also have the outside tire mount, which must free up quite a bit of space inside.

This is the second one of these I have had and I love it, I sold my 2002 Xterra and bought this and am happy with the trade down so to speak. I love the way the 2-doors look, even though it is sometimes a pain to get things in back, which is another reason I bought it.

My Valentine 1 saved me from meeting a new friend just inside the Utah border, I just thought it was strange he was there at the edge of some of the most deserted roads I have ever seen. Took I-80 to I-35 north to Minnesota and then East to Wisconsin and the ride was great in my new to me Pathfinder.

Tom

Edited by ennacac

My Valentine 1 saved me from meeting a new friend just inside the Utah border, I just thought it was strange he was there at the edge of some of the most deserted roads I have ever seen. Took I-80 to I-35 north to Minnesota and then East to Wisconsin and the ride was great in my new to me Pathfinder.

Tom

People have been known to "play" with their cars in that area. :togo:

It is nice to have the tire carrier outside, and it does save some space, I love the winch. I still have my other car which is an 03 pathfinder I just love pathfinders, this is my third one, and my second 88, you just can't go wrong with a Nissan. My dad has a 97, so we have three at my house now.

The roads can be kinda empty at time's, and that is when they will get you.:beer:

Edited by trogdor