So dissapointed

Gotrek

After thinking our rear springs were sagging I finally decided to take a closed look. Dissapointed to find out the gentlemen we trusted to weld some plates to strengthen our rotting frame didn't and simply painted over some seam sealer.

The frame cracked at the forward fuel tank brace(panhard bar mount) and it split all the way from there to the back down the middle top and bottom and verticly at the brace.

The other frame rail shows stress crack as well but not as bad.

Going to have to lift the body off to fix this one... Not worth it right now in the dead of winter and no garage.

So lesson learned even those you trust might screw you. at least now I've got my own welder and god willing a garage soon.

After thinking our rear springs were sagging I finally decided to take a closed look. Dissapointed to find out the gentlemen we trusted to weld some plates to strengthen our rotting frame didn't and simply painted over some seam sealer.

The frame cracked at the forward fuel tank brace(panhard bar mount) and it split all the way from there to the back down the middle top and bottom and verticly at the brace.

The other frame rail shows stress crack as well but not as bad.

Going to have to lift the body off to fix this one... Not worth it right now in the dead of winter and no garage.

So lesson learned even those you trust might screw you. at least now I've got my own welder and god willing a garage soon.

I'll send you a carton of eggs to throw at that so-called welders house......

I've had similar experences with exhaust repair stuff.....sucks that there are bad people out there. That's why I have a bumper sticker on my ride that simply says "MEAN PEOPLE SUCK"

Did you pay this person? Because if you did......small claims court?

And chriskaw440, not at the welders house, the welder himself :lol:

Edited by redfinder

Did you pay this person? Because if you did......small claims court?

And chriskaw440, not at the welders house, the welder himself :lol:

Yeah 200$ Not really worth the hassle. I regret not doing myself I have the skills but at the time didn't have the time or space.

Yeah 200$ Not really worth the hassle. I regret not doing myself I have the skills but at the time didn't have the time or space.

Here are some photos of the pathfinder frame reconstruction I did. We didn't lift the body off the frame either. Just cut the entire frame out and rebuilt from there. Hey and check out my youtube page @ http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=geckoscout of my pathie offroading and stuff. See my new video pathfinder rescues jeep.

BEFORE

100_1729.jpg100_1730.jpg

AFTER

100_1751.jpg100_1748.jpg

Edited by Biosphere

Here are some photos of the pathfinder frame reconstruction I did. We didn't lift the body off the frame either. Just cut the entire frame out and rebuilt from there.

BEFORE

100_1729.jpg100_1730.jpg

AFTER

100_1751.jpg100_1748.jpg

Good job on the frame. We are doing similar to our frame as well.

• 2 weeks later...
That's a bummer man, :ill: that's the one and only thing that will take down my pathy someday, rust. :P

You and everyone else where they use salt on the roads. o.O

Had to box my frame and sadly, not a lot of welders here who know what they're doing, so it cost me $700 to have my frame reinforced.

Great job! didn't know I could just cut out the rear rails like that. So you just cut them out fixed it and welded them back in? I'm so doing that. Truck has been parked for a few weeks now. After this cold spell is over might have to tackle it.