BULLBAR ?

drifter

Are you looking for a bullbar, or a brushguard. A bullbar is typically referring to a winch mount bumper, similar to the one in my sig pic.

A brush guard is typically a series of tubes, and metal anchors that attach OVER the stock bumper.

Brush guards are given away, or sold cheap all the time.

Bullbars are not cheap, though, there was recently a thread on this board about a deal on the ARB brand new for less than you quoted above. (ARB is the one on my truck)

brush guards are pretty much a waste of time.... in a front end "whoopsie", they usually cause more damage than they save your truck from. the stock bumper mounts are very weak and fold easily in an accident. brush guards that mount over the stock bumper only mount with 2 bolts, so they have a tendency to fold backwards into the hood in an accident.

if you don't have plans to mount a winch at any time, then a smittybuilt bumper like the one i have on mini me is great... i modified it a "tad" (hehehe) and i push trucks and other stuff around with it all the time... it's very light so doesn't cause my truck any front end sag, but it's tough. i believe mine is actually for a mid 80's yota.

i paid $100 for mine from another NPORA member.

check craigs list and ebay for deals ;) and also the classifieds section here in npora.

Edited by Slick

This is Bull , I cant find anybody thats selling a bullbar for a 94 path,???

I dint want to spend $759 on a brushguard, ??

Who makes them and where ?? Thanks

I soon will be selling my old Warn winch mount/brush guard when I install my arb. here is a photo of it.

The winch my go up for sale with it, depending on if I can fit it into my arb bumper. Good chance it won't fit

The brush guard will be higher up on a vehicle without a 3 inch body lift.

f_PICT0517m_1ff3b89.jpg

Mark

Edited by msavides

Is that a bear Brushgard? I have one too but no clue how to mount it since I'm missing the brakets adn the company is no longer in business. If it is could you take some pictures of the mounting area so I can fab up something.

Is that a bear Brushgard? I have one too but no clue how to mount it since I'm missing the brakets adn the company is no longer in business. If it is could you take some pictures of the mounting area so I can fab up something.

It is a Warn brushguard/winch mount. It mounts to where the tow hooks bolt on.

mark

I soon will be selling my old Warn winch mount/brush guard when I install my arb. here is a photo of it.

The winch my go up for sale with it, depending on if I can fit it into my arb bumper. Good chance it won't fit

The brush guard will be higher up on a vehicle without a 3 inch body lift.

f_PICT0517m_1ff3b89.jpg

Mark

The ARB "winch" bar takes a low mount winch.

There are two types of heavy duty bar. One is a bull bar, this has no capacity for a winch. The other is a winch bar, that's pretty self explanatory.

Though my number plate covers the winch hole on my old bar, the differences between a winch bar and a bull bar are easily seen. Me on the left, sw on the right.

poserstart2vf.th.jpg