About to put in exhaust...

purdyboy89

I just bought a set of Pacesetter headers

http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/ItemBro...038563710742083

the only problem is i dont have much of a clue about exhaust.

can yall tell me what needs to come after that, and what would be the best muffler and cat.

any recommended styles, products, ect.

Thanks,

I just installed Thorley headers,2.50 exhaust 40 series flo master, i still debate if i should of gone with 2.25 piping ??

I got a regulat catco cat, go with a custom exhaust hi flo cat, anfd you decide on piping. I am happy with my 2.5 i just wonder if 2.25 would of helped a little more. ????

I just installed Thorley headers,2.50 exhaust 40 series flo master, i still debate if i should of gone with 2.25 piping ??

I got a regulat catco cat, go with a custom exhaust hi flo cat, anfd you decide on piping. I am happy with my 2.5 i just wonder if 2.25 would of helped a little more. ????

Well i was thinking about going with 2.25" but wasnt sure

so the 40 series flo master isnt going to be too big for that lil 3.0?

is a down pipe going to be nessesary?

and on the muffler does it matter if the inlet is center or side?

Edited by purdyboy89

I replaced the pipeing all the way from the header back , The 40 series is a little loud. but when i threw on my 32/11.50 's it kind of helped dont ask me why, maybe the larger diameter tires got rid of the exhaust drone on the frwy. Or it could me the M/T tires have there own sound as well. You might want the 50 series, a little less in noise i am told.

I've had a 40 series for about 5 years or so. Can't speak for the rest of the exhaust, as its still stock. Yeah, its a little louder and throatier, but you don't go and buy a louder Flowmaster muffler for quiet. :sly: Anyways, mine has lasted 5 years of abuse and occasional scrapes and such, but its good to go. I also have a set of Pacesetters waiting for install, so please post up.

I just replaced everything from the manifold downpipes (PassSide Y-Pipe & DriveSide Pipe) to the muffler for about $350. I used Bosal exhaust pipes ($290) and a Magnaflow cat ($82).

What size 2.25 ? How are you liking it ?

I had the same set up....2.25 high flow cat, FM 40....it gave a ton of low end torque and rumbled like a small v-8.

I had the same set up....2.25 high flow cat, FM 40....it gave a ton of low end torque and rumbled like a small v-8.

yeah , I went with the 2.50 everything else the same , almost feels like its missing something,I think i should of gone with(2.25) :chairfall:

yeah , I went with the 2.50 everything else the same , almost feels like its missing something,I think i should of gone with(2.25) :chairfall:

What intake do you have? stock airbox and regular filter?

Airhog or K&N filter may help, (I am going with 2.5, FM40 and thorleys; on the intake side I have an ARB snorkel (still in damn boxes!) which if I understand right opens the intake hole from 2" to 3" or close to it. (More in; More out theory)

I had the FM 50 on my now broken framed 95; (not loud enough) so FM40 & a high flow cat fer sure :crossedwires:

What intake do you have? stock airbox and regular filter?

Airhog or K&N filter may help, (I am going with 2.5, FM40 and thorleys; on the intake side I have an ARB snorkel (still in damn boxes!) which if I understand right opens the intake hole from 2" to 3" or close to it. (More in; More out theory)

I had the FM 50 on my now broken framed 95; (not loud enough) so FM40 & a high flow cat fer sure :crossedwires:

I am running the stock air filter, dont want the cone style /worry about water/dirt getting sucked in to the engine when wheelin

so your saying the drop in filters help a little ??

I would like to go with a snorkle one day.