Aloha!

Mr. Pickles

Hey all, just got back from a killer vacation to Oahu and Maui in Hawaii. We had a blast for a couple weeks, and saw a fair amount of the cool stuff on both islands. I've always wanted to go to Peal Harbor, and being that my b-day (Dec. 7th) is also Pearl Harbor day, my loving wife hooked it up for my 30th bday. Following are some pic's of the action.

The Mighty Mo'

1-3.jpg

Mosurrender.jpg

The USS Arizona memorial

Arizona.jpg

2-1.jpg

3-1.jpg

Waikiki on a kinda stormy but really warm and humid day

Waikiki.jpg

Edited by Mr. Pickles

Wifey on the unusally high sand of Waikiki caused by the storms

Waikiki2.jpg

Honolulu from the top of Diamond Head. That's a lil' bit of a vertical hike... :)

4-1.jpg

Oahu's North Shore- where the surfers hang

Northshore.jpg

Now on to Maui. Here's one of many, many awesome sunsets we saw.

5.jpg

There are some nice waterfalls and great sights on the Road to Hana. That's seriously the most twisty road I've ever seen, with like 35 miles of switchbacks and 1-lane bridges, etc. A bit over 50 miles each way, and it took us literally a whole day round trip with speeds rarely exceeding 25mph and mostly much lower. Its very much worth it though, I highly recommend the trip. :)

6.jpg

7.jpg

10.jpg

Hey nice to see the pics of the island! I was living in Haiku when I was out there and I drove to Hana every weekend. The first time you drive on those road, its like WHOA!

I'm glad someone here got to experience that. I always drove all the way around instead of driving back on the outside lane.

They are having some really bad rains over there right now. The worst in like 30 years is what some of my family is telling me.

Hey nice to see the pics of the island! I was living in Haiku when I was out there and I drove to Hana every weekend. The first time you drive on those road, its like WHOA!

I'm glad someone here got to experience that. I always drove all the way around instead of driving back on the outside lane.

They are having some really bad rains over there right now. The worst in like 30 years is what some of my family is telling me.

Cool. Yeah, there were some nasty storms, but they let up over a week ago or so and it was nice on Maui for the week. Our entire time on Maui was awesome and dry on the leeward side, although there were some occassional very light showers on the windward side the couple times when we went over there. We were going to drive all the way around, but there were signs heading out of Hana on the far side saying the road was closed, so we went back. The wife was not amused to be on the outside cliff side of the road all the way back. :laugh: Of course, we had a Malibu *lol* LTZ rental car with the sporty suspension/18" wheels and engine/tranny, so I wound it out a bit around some of the corners. Yes, we're still together... and alive. ;)

• 4 weeks later...
Heh looks like the wifey is a good cook there Mike. Ahhhh I just missed you, I came back to work out here the 10th, I'm in Hono every Monday, and Kahului every Wed/Thurs. Gotta love the cruise ship life.

Oh man, just missed indeed. We probably saw your ship on either or both islands (kinda hard to miss those big things!). Hope things are going good!