Spark Plugs

Leman

I just replaced the spark plugs in my '97 pathy with some Bosch +4 http://www.boschautoparts.com/Products/SparkPlugs/Platinum4 all i can say is WOW :ar15: with the old plugs my pathfinder would creep off the line, now i can actually squeal the 30" bfg at. of course looking at my old plugs it was a miracle the engine was even running.

o and the #6 plug is a bit** to get to.

I just replaced the spark plugs in my '97 pathy with some Bosch +4 http://www.boschautoparts.com/Products/SparkPlugs/Platinum4 all i can say is WOW :ar15: with the old plugs my pathfinder would creep off the line, now i can actually squeal the 30" bfg at. of course looking at my old plugs it was a miracle the engine was even running.

o and the #6 plug is a bit** to get to.

I was considering going NGK, but i think im going to go with bosch as well...after owning the Mercedes and all of the Bosch parts breaking down it makes me skeptical

and theres a tool in the little roadside jack kit that gets to number 6

and theres a tool in the little roadside jack kit that gets to number 6

i just read that in a post :suicide: its still hard to get the the little booger out of there once its unscrewed.

The stock tool kit is perfectly shaped and is easier to use than a bunch of extensions and universal joints. But the #6 still requires some swearing!

I went with NGK iridium #IFR5E-11. I didn't notice any difference from the platinums I had before. I use NGK wires too #NX14.

Have had Iridiums in my Altima, BMW, Previous 98 pathy, and now the 02 pathy...the 02 only had 47K when I put them in....no improvement. MPG's are too close to give credit to the plugs, but maybe that was the 2% increase over the Laser plats that were still very new!!!

'01 Altima...CURED a nasty missfire

'98 Pathy...helped hide an injector based miss fire

'98 BMW 323Ic....by far the best response...absolutely awesome!!

DO NOT USE BOSCH PLUGS IN JAPANESE ENGINES

I made the mistake of using bosch platinums in my VG33 and it ran great for a few months, one of the plugs died and caused a serious misfire, poor running engine and a check engine light!!!

Not the first time either, Bosch plugs also caused problems in my honda civic (the bosch plug actually broke in half)

I did an OBD scan and found the problem, replaced all the plugs with NGK and ive never had a problem in 150k miles!!

I mentioned this to my local Nissan 300zx shop and the guy already knew what was up, he said strongly to NEVER use german plugs in a Japanese engine, youre asking for problems if you do

Dont believe me? Just read other Japanese car experiences:

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/showthread.php?t=60532

"Personally, I'd stick to quality Denso or NGK plugs for any Japanese application. From my experiences, Bosch and non-European engines tend not to agree with each other."

"I don't know why bosch even bothered making plugs for japanese applications.. they should have stuck to european only."

http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/1gen...87-bosch-plugs/

http://www.hondacarforum.com/honda-2/10136...park-plugs.html

Edited by FUELER

I'm having problems removing the cable from plug#6. Does anyone know of a tool that can remove the cable not the plug? I was able to change plug 1-5 with Bosch Platnium Pro. The NKG on my truck were nasty!

Thanks

Plug #6 has a special nissan tool. It under your back seat along with the tire change tools.

Its not the plug I can't remove it's the Cable attached to the plug.

I also had the same problem with my Honder and the dealer said to never use anything else except NGK. The ones in the Honda popped out.

I just changed them on Sunday 12/16. Do you think Advanced Auto parts will take them back?

Its not the plug I can't remove it's the Cable attached to the plug.

I also had the same problem with my Honder and the dealer said to never use anything else except NGK. The ones in the Honda popped out.

I just changed them on Sunday 12/16. Do you think Advanced Auto parts will take them back?

If the plugs have been installed, they should not take them back. Even if you didnt fire up the engine. A good worker will see the marks on the threads. Your only chance is if its an idiot worker who doesnt care and wont check, actually you probably have good chances that they wont check.

The cable is easy, just get on top of your engine, reach back there and yank it by the base (do not pull on the cable itself)

It should come out as easily as the rest.

Tell Advance that they caused a missfire in your engine and that they are defective, however you would like to try another plug...they most likely will take them back...they are my FAVORITE parts store!!

I have 2 near me and they took back a set of Iridiums from my 98 pathy, after they said that they thought for sure that they would take care of my missfire. Turns out it was injectors, and I spent the entire store credit plus $30 that day sooo show them that you will spend more and they will not hold you up. I have never had to get tough in Advance, this makes them my favorite! They showed me, in their computer, that as a DIY consumer I spent over $3400 in one year with them (I do light side work for friends and family), so they said no sweat!

When I changed my plugs back in February I used AC Delcos and haven't had a problem with them yet. I thought #6 was actually pretty easy to change. The ones that are a hassle are the ones under the intake manifold; it was impossible to start the threads of the new plugs but then I used old fuel line to turn the plugs and worked like a charm.

I was finally able to get the cable off #6. I put a new plug in #6 and now when I turn on the truck it hesitates and turns off. Does anyone know whats wrong?

Last week I replaced plug 1-5 and it was running fine until today when #6 was replaced. HELP!

I was finally able to get the cable off #6. I put a new plug in #6 and now when I turn on the truck it hesitates and turns off. Does anyone know whats wrong?

Last week I replaced plug 1-5 and it was running fine until today when #6 was replaced. HELP!

ill state the obvious just to make sure...check to make sure everything is replaced properly and there are no visible faults, if there are then do a little troubleshooting...if you just replaced the wire put back in your old wire and start it up and see if the wire is whats doing it...if you replaced both, try replacing one at a time to find out what is not working properly

I only replaced the sparg plugs. I put back the old plug in 6 in it had the same problem. When I put #6 back it clicks. The boot moves a bit. This boot was very tight before. Do you know of a way I can tighten the boot?

idk how to tighten the boot (im sure someone else can help you with that), but in response to what you said on the other forum, i would return the bosch plugs and go get the NGK's, just tell whoever you bought it from what is happening when u use them...i never use bosch anymore since having all of their products fail on my mercedes

I returned the plugs without any problem and they gave NGK Platinums. After installing the NGK Pla. I still had the same problem. I returned them and got the NGK that Nissan recommends. I installed them and the problem stopped. The manager found it strange that the NGK Pla. gave me a problem and when I told him I have 162000 miles he said that's why. I will now stick to NGK regular. Thank you all for your help.