my car just stopped turning over!

88pathylove

About 4 months ago i was at the carwash washing my pathy. when i went to move my car to the vaccum it just clicked.

So i cleaned my battery terminals and it started right up. that happened about 2 times after that. well last friday

i was going to a friends house my truck was running just fine. when i left an hour later the car wouldnt start! just clicks again! so

i tried cleaning my battery terminals, tried jumping it nothing. i can compression start it and then it has no problem

so i assume my starter is out. last night i took out the old starter and brought it to the local auto parts store. they ran the tests and it was dead.

so i bought a new one and replaced it. when i went to turn it over nothing! it still just clicks! any suggestions?

Edited by 88pathylove

yes its possible it's defective hopefully not! jumping it does nothing we also tested the wires for resistance and they came up with 00.5+/-

Hope not as well, starters are easy top of list of items not to do twice...

My last starter was a cheap reman, the guy at the store took the two he had in stock and tested them both. He sold me the one that made the least noise. I thought it was wierd, but old starters are louder than new starters.

No harm in getting the new one tested before you leave the store.

with the car off 12.8 haven't tested with ignition on yet will do today also the clicking sound is coming from a small blue relay on the inside passenger quarter panel right next to the battery

Inhibitor relay. Looks something like this..

1192649868.jpg

Tap on it while someone else trys to start it. Have the other person hold it in the start position while you smack it. If it starts you need a nnew relay.

Edited by 5523Pathfinder