What other types of SUV make good off road vehicles besides pathys?

NaturaTek

Hmm...Last I checked the Xterras didn't cost $285,000. If they did have a Titanium frame, they would!

And it's not even a Titan frame that the new ones are on, it's a modified, narrowed, shortened version of the F-Alpha platform, that the Titan, Armada, Frontier, Pathfinder, and Xterra are all based off of.

Being that i just bought my pathy and came from toyota to nissan i would say

toyota. Before my pathy i had a 1984 toyota truck and before that i had a 1982 fj60

with a 6" lift and both of those vehicles were great offroad vehicles that were completely bomb proof.......

Well here is a good example of a 4Runners capability. I was out on one of my favorite trails today, and I came up to a draw that can really test the flex in the Pathfinder. In the past I have used this draw as a gage to see how much flex I can get out of a new ride or potential ride. Well my 94 PF makes it about 4.5 feet and then spins with no more traction, the wifes 05 PF makes it about the same distance maybe a little further (less than a foot) and same thing. Today I took the 4Runner to the same hill and just left it in 4hi, made it about the same distance as my other two. I locked the diff, and proceeded to drive up the whole thing. It was freakin awesome, and I was so impressed. I have tried both my Pathfinders, a Grand Cherokee Overland, 4 door Tacoma, and the 4Runner has been the only one to make it all the way.... on highway biased tires no less.

Well here is a good example of a 4Runners capability. I was out on one of my favorite trails today, and I came up to a draw that can really test the flex in the Pathfinder. In the past I have used this draw as a gage to see how much flex I can get out of a new ride or potential ride. Well my 94 PF makes it about 4.5 feet and then spins with no more traction, the wifes 05 PF makes it about the same distance maybe a little further (less than a foot) and same thing. Today I took the 4Runner to the same hill and just left it in 4hi, made it about the same distance as my other two. I locked the diff, and proceeded to drive up the whole thing. It was freakin awesome, and I was so impressed. I have tried both my Pathfinders, a Grand Cherokee Overland, 4 door Tacoma, and the 4Runner has been the only one to make it all the way.... on highway biased tires no less.

apples and oranges.

I locked the diff

apples and oranges.

Now don't get me wrong, I love Toyota's too * See sig pic ;) * but MZ is right, your talking about two different things there.

Put a locker in your pathy then try it again and report back with the results :D

I had a 75 trailduster that would plow through/over anything including small trees but it was a PITA if you got it in a tight spot...short bed reg cab chevy is pretty capable and a buddy of mine had something like an early 90's blazer (not the lil one but not the k5) that did pretty good he had a 3" body and I think 33's on it...and finally another buddy had a k5 diesel that seemed to refuse to get stuck

I have driven a reg cab tacoma with street tires offroad and it seemed to handle pretty good...a lil stiffer ride than the pathy IMO but I have been eying those for a while b/c I really need a truck to throw crap in the back but then again I'd rather get an old cummins and pull the 87 around here and there and get some good use out of her...

I had a 75 trailduster that would plow through/over anything including small trees but it was a PITA if you got it in a tight spot...short bed reg cab chevy is pretty capable and a buddy of mine had something like an early 90's blazer (not the lil one but not the k5) that did pretty good he had a 3" body and I think 33's on it...and finally another buddy had a k5 diesel that seemed to refuse to get stuck

I have driven a reg cab tacoma with street tires offroad and it seemed to handle pretty good...a lil stiffer ride than the pathy IMO but I have been eying those for a while b/c I really need a truck to throw crap in the back but then again I'd rather get an old cummins and pull the 87 around here and there and get some good use out of her...

boo on cummins...yay for powerstroke...ive never even seen what is useful about those trucks...oh wow you can make it sound like a big rig, but hold on, its not, so what is the point?

Now don't get me wrong, I love Toyota's too * See sig pic ;) * but MZ is right, your talking about two different things there.

Put a locker in your pathy then try it again and report back with the results :D

I am only comparing rigs that are 100% factory (except tires) so really it is apples to apples. It is unfortunate that Nissan has waited until 05 to put a factory locking diff in its SUV's.