01-04 rear shocks

02silverpathy

Hey all,

as some of you guys already know I found out the hard way that my OME shocks from my 98 path do not fit my 02 path...so I am looking to invest in a new set of rear shocks. I would like an adjustable ride. Easy when on road and tougher when off road or carrying cargo. Please give me inputs here.

I know that XPLORx4 had air helpers and then got rid of them but I do not know why, anyhow--put your info in here! I was also told that the Rancho 9000 were very rigid shocks.

I was also told that the Rancho 9000 were very rigid shocks.

Also, avoid the 5000's as well. I've found out the hard way these are stiff as hell, unless there's a load in the rear...then they're a lot more road friendly. Off road with no load they're incredibly punishing.

Edited by navygz19

Did you ever try flipping your OMEs over? For some reason the 96-99 and 99.5+ shock mounts are identical, just reversed.

Ha! Lol, no, I guess I was busy being upset. My personal life has taken a sharp curve so too many small things frustrate me at this point!! I have a NPORA member interested in them if he is no longer interested I may have to try this!

Do the 99.5+ not have longer shocks? It seems the mounts are further apart on those later R50 models. :shrug:

I don't think they do...but IIRC some company's shocks required you to specify 96-99 or 99.5+, so you may be right. Even so, it can't be that much of a difference.