VDC and Slip light on

2006Pathyboy

Could be a lot of different things. Have it checked. It may be something simple like low brake fluid, or even very low tire pressure causing the steering angle sensor to reed incorrectly. I've even seen it come on when one brake caliper was locked up.

Could be a lot of different things. Have it checked. It may be something simple like low brake fluid, or even very low tire pressure causing the steering angle sensor to reed incorrectly. I've even seen it come on when one brake caliper was locked up.

Thanks, I'll have it checked out when I go in for an oil change.

• 3 weeks later...

My battery died this afternoon, apparently the - terminal was loose.

I got a jump

The SLIP & VDC OFF light came on and stayed on. After the trip home the SLIP light went off, however the VDC OFF light remains on.

Is there another way to reset the VDC without taking it in and paying $80 for a diagnostic.

When I pulled the battery cable loose this past weekend for my install, had the same issue. The SLIP eventually went away and then the VDC went away. I assume after the ECU reset itself...

-BR

I tried the directions in the booklet that came with my pathfinder for a 2nd time and the light went off.