How low can you go?

Floonster

Done a lot of searching on this site. Thanks for all the great tips and instructions there are laying around here. :search:;)

One thing I haven't found is how many Ks people are getting AFTER the orange light goes on at the fuel gauge. I mean somebody must have run out of gas somewhere?

I'm a lazy SOB and like to run it M T before I head to the station and fill it to the top. Ok, maybe I'm a little forgetful and freak out a little when that light starts flashing as the remainder of the gas is sloshing around in there. :puterpunch: Usually I can stuff about 65 liters in from there to full.

Oh, and I like the smilies here especially this one: :lmao:

Done a lot of searching on this site. Thanks for all the great tips and instructions there are laying around here. :search:;)

One thing I haven't found is how many Ks people are getting AFTER the orange light goes on at the fuel gauge. I mean somebody must have run out of gas somewhere?

you didn't search hard enough then.. i think in the past we posted milages not kms though. :)

my old truck could do 55mi or so.. never pushed it any further. this one maybe 30mi... that's from when the light goes solid and not fading in and out.

(First of all my orange light is burn out or something). Well if I am correct a my pathy has a 21.9 gal tank and when I first got it I ran it so the gauge was in the middle of the E and when I filled it up she took 21 gal and that is the farthest I have taken it. i still want to keep a gas can with me and see how far i can go.

it'll take you as far as it can...then it'll run out...I figured it up sometime and its like 40 miles...and I sucessfully calced it about 2 dozen times or something and the last time i tried to push it to the cheap gas I ran out for the 1st time ever...pissed me off I was like 5 miles from work and I should have had enough to get 20 miles past...the gas light never came on...felt her studder then killed out...and instantly shut down so I didnt kill the fuel pump...I calced up the mileage and my O2 went bad and on that same tank of fuel my mileage dropped from 19 to 16 which after checking left me right where I stopped...so my advice is dont push it...b/c that light may not always worked...

after that the light came on a couple of times when I got low but I didn't want to push my luck...esp after I got the gas can award at work...

I've done around 60-70 kms and still put in less than 70l of fuel. The light and gauge are totally wonky, at least its on the safe side :aok: The gauge will show 1/2 tank but I can only get in around 30-32l, just under the 1/4 mark gets 50l. Go figure.

The other point to remember is that it is not a good thing to run the tank dry, the fuel pump relies on the fuel to keep it cool and you also risk uptaking any sediment that may be in the bottom of the tank. Not good for the injectors if it gets that far.

Edited by Trainman

Ditto on fuel level and sediment in the tank hurting you. If I can manage, I usually treat 1/4 like it was "E." Yeah, you stop a little sooner, but really not much. My tank's 1/4 mark seems more like 1/8 from what I've seen over the years. If the light even flickers, I'm pulling into the first station I see, even for a splash and go. I'd rather not risk it and do the walk of shame down the side of the highway. Done that once too many times as a broke kid.

Oh, and I like the smilies here especially this one: :lmao:

My fav is this guy :rant2:

:lol:

Anyway back on topic :D I normally go 50Km after the light comes on, but I only half fill it. Prolly from my motorbkie days (Harder to pull a wheelie with 23L of gas on board :D )

I did run it REAL LOW one day, drove around a corner....Splutter....OH NO. Turned around and crawled to the gas station. I went to put my foot down a bit but she didn't like that :lol:

I've done around 60-70 kms and still put in less than 70l of fuel. The light and gauge are totally wonky, at least its on the safe side :aok: The gauge will show 1/2 tank but I can only get in around 30-32l, just under the 1/4 mark gets 50l. Go figure.

The other point to remember is that it is not a good thing to run the tank dry, the fuel pump relies on the fuel to keep it cool and you also risk uptaking any sediment that may be in the bottom of the tank. Not good for the injectors if it gets that far.

I went almost 100 kms in the r50 with the light on, and when i went to fill it it took 68L :wtf:

Our gauge must be like yours trainman, as when it reads half full, its more like 5/8's full.

In my wd21, it was nearly empty and I put 18~L in and it went up to 1/4 so...

True, but it cools from the inside. So as long as you don't run dry, it's not a huge issue. Many folks, though, if they do run out of gas, end up killing the pump.