Just checking in

wheelmanLS1

Hey I guess a bunch of you don't know me I kind of stopped posting after my Pathfinder and I were rear-ended a couple years back now. Just checking in whos all left? 88path, Pezzy, RedPath88, UNCC, vengeful, skrilla... long time no see. Is MaritimeMan around these days? How has Mr Jim been?

Let's see I have since graduated from high school, about to finish an Associates degree in Arts at the local community college then transfer to Appalachian State next fall. I'm pretty excited about that because I have gotten big into snowboarding as of last winter and the slopes aren't too far from the school. Also crammed into the last couple years was the excitement of getting my first apartment and financing my first widescreen and furniture (which is still being paid off lol), which after 8 months I got kicked out for throwing an underage party.

Let's see, I'm still delivering chinese food and I kept the license plate EGGROL4U on my Civic for about a year. I have also gotten a job at a full service carwash and have made it up to a manager position which is pretty cool I don't have to throw out 1's at the strip club anymore I can throw out complimentary carwashes lol... jk, haven't made it to a strip club yet that would be a little awkward telling the lady friend.

Anyways, it took awhile to find a car I liked after losing the Pathfinder. I went through a '94 Accord, a '92 Civic, a '01 Accord, and a '96 Civic hatch. The latter two weren't bad but I didn't like the 4 doors on the Accord or how slow the Civic was. That Civic looked pretty cool it was silver, lowered with SI wheels and JDM headlights and the roof rack looked pretty sweet on it. I just got tired of having to apologize to my passengers for having a loud and bumpy car so I got a new one!

10200717011uk3.jpg

It's a 2003 Acura CL Type-S with a 6-speed. It took me so long to find this car they only made 1500 six-speeders and only 296 in this color. It's nice because this is the first car I've gotten excited about since the Pathfinder, the only difference is this time I have money to spend on it. Let me know what you guys think and tell me what's new around here!

Nice! When you gonna wheel it? :tongue:

Nice to hear from you... not too much new from me...

MM hasn't been around much, but he has dropped in a couple times lately. Mr Jim was about a few times also... however seems to have gotten busy again... same ol same ol.

Wow.. long time no see :aok:

Glad to hear you doing good, congrats on the accomplishments in school.. good luck with your future plans at the new one.

All those you named are still here, MM just came back to the forums... and Jim, well Jim made a couple appearances a while back but has gone MIA again.

Nice! When you gonna wheel it? :tongue:

I should go ahead and do that now before I lower it lol. The things got about 4 inches of clearance between the tire and wheelwell (more than my old Pathfinder) lol... Anything Honda with a V6 is a 4x4 when it comes to ride height.

Wow.. long time no see :aok:

Glad to hear you doing good, congrats on the accomplishments in school.. good luck with your future plans at the new one.

All those you named are still here, MM just came back to the forums... and Jim, well Jim made a couple appearances a while back but has gone MIA again.

Thanks! Work hard, party hard, but only after studying hard is my motto. Does Jim even own his two Pathfinders anymore?

Hey why don't you veterens that I know post some current pictures of your Pathy so I can see the progress. Surprise me, guys!

Speak of the devil...you get my email the other night?

DSCN2888.jpg

still working on my project...the engine in and she runs like a champ...runs rich though I need an O2 and still have some other issues to work out but really havent had a lot of time to polish out all the kinks...between graduating work and moving to cali and now working 50+ hrs per week I dont get a lot of time to work on the pathy but its getting closer month by month...eventually it will be completely trail worthy again...

biggest disappointment so far was the front glass...i trucked it all the way out here to cali and put in our building and went to get it out the other day so a guy could come out and replace it and I guess the heat cracked it doh...

Edited by unccpathfinder

aight well pretty much I moved to cali and brought the 87 and have had some issues in selling my 95 b/c it had some oil leaks along with some other things...So I was heading home one night late from work thinking of who else would like to buy it since my cousin is now back in financial trouble and cannot purchase it and I remembered you. I'll fwd the email over and if your interested we can probably work something out...over Xmas I plan to replace the oil pan gasket and valve cover gaskets b/c they are both leaking some and I may have to replace the RMS again...

But hey man good work on school and gotta stay outta trouble with them there policeman's...

aight well pretty much I moved to cali and brought the 87 and have had some issues in selling my 95 b/c it had some oil leaks along with some other things...So I was heading home one night late from work thinking of who else would like to buy it since my cousin is now back in financial trouble and cannot purchase it and I remembered you. I'll fwd the email over and if your interested we can probably work something out...over Xmas I plan to replace the oil pan gasket and valve cover gaskets b/c they are both leaking some and I may have to replace the RMS again...

But hey man good work on school and gotta stay outta trouble with them there policeman's...

Aww I would but I think I just dumped a ton of money into buying a car that no 19-year-old in his right mind should have lol. As Casey mentioned it would make an excellent board truck... but I've got heated seats! I see you partially took my idea of turning the '87 into a Panda by switching on my black doors except you put just the gas flap on lol.

Yeah the cops around here sometimes get a little too hyped up over busting a party... which reminds me your old neighbor (actually probably different people, but same house) threw down big a few weeks ago it's a shame you aren't still around

yea I was completely making half doors until I had way too much @!*% to get rid of before moving to cali...

I'll be in town dec 19th-21st and im trying to have the 95 dropped off in CLT so I can have some wheels to get around and see folks...I'll send you an email and see if we cant meet up or something...maybe go and hit the easy trails over by UNCC even though they built apmts on half of it...

so what'd you get...i got this stupid camry...its a nice car but I really hate cars...almost bought me a chevelle the other night drunk on ebay...that would have been sweet and I would be moving back to the east coast b/c the gf would be kicking me out if I had pursued it anymore and won...

yea i see that now... im just retarded...uhh they didnt have a name when I left...the ones on mallard creek...over by the rock quarry...if for some reason you dont hear from me shoot me an email or message me on gmail and we'll try and get up esp if your in the univ area...I'll be in uptown b/c thats where my old roommate lives now but I plan to venture up to that area..

Damn Casey you're up to 3 Pathfinders? Somebody's religious lol

4 actually.....

And you missed the fine print in my Sig... 93 300ZX....

DSCN1149.jpg

S4010134.jpg

DSCN1140.jpg

S4010086.jpg

Dont have a handy pic of the 88.....

Edited by Casey.T

Hey I guess a bunch of you don't know me I kind of stopped posting after my Pathfinder and I were rear-ended a couple years back now. Just checking in whos all left? 88path, Pezzy, RedPath88, UNCC, vengeful, skrilla... long time no see. Is MaritimeMan around these days? How has Mr Jim been?

Let's see I have since graduated from high school, about to finish an Associates degree in Arts at the local community college then transfer to Appalachian State next fall. I'm pretty excited about that because I have gotten big into snowboarding as of last winter and the slopes aren't too far from the school. Also crammed into the last couple years was the excitement of getting my first apartment and financing my first widescreen and furniture (which is still being paid off lol), which after 8 months I got kicked out for throwing an underage party.

Let's see, I'm still delivering chinese food and I kept the license plate EGGROL4U on my Civic for about a year. I have also gotten a job at a full service carwash and have made it up to a manager position which is pretty cool I don't have to throw out 1's at the strip club anymore I can throw out complimentary carwashes lol... jk, haven't made it to a strip club yet that would be a little awkward telling the lady friend.

Anyways, it took awhile to find a car I liked after losing the Pathfinder. I went through a '94 Accord, a '92 Civic, a '01 Accord, and a '96 Civic hatch. The latter two weren't bad but I didn't like the 4 doors on the Accord or how slow the Civic was. That Civic looked pretty cool it was silver, lowered with SI wheels and JDM headlights and the roof rack looked pretty sweet on it. I just got tired of having to apologize to my passengers for having a loud and bumpy car so I got a new one!

10200717011uk3.jpg

It's a 2003 Acura CL Type-S with a 6-speed. It took me so long to find this car they only made 1500 six-speeders and only 296 in this color. It's nice because this is the first car I've gotten excited about since the Pathfinder, the only difference is this time I have money to spend on it. Let me know what you guys think and tell me what's new around here!

Hey, nice to hear you're good! Too bad about the Pathy, but hope you had fun while it lasted. Nice choice on the CL, my *other* ride (wife's car) is an older 97 Vtech 4cyl. Not as powerful as yours, but its enough to run it out on the highway and still roll in the low 30's on road trips. Still, I love your car, sooo nice. Ours is black on black, and I'd trade you in 2 seconds for that sweet blue paint. Maybe even 1. ;) Not to mention the extra ponies! LOL

Keep in touch with us all!

Nice choice on the CL, my *other* ride (wife's car) is an older 97 Vtech 4cyl. Not as powerful as yours, but its enough to run it out on the highway and still roll in the low 30's on road trips. Still, I love your car, sooo nice. Ours is black on black, and I'd trade you in 2 seconds for that sweet blue paint. Maybe even 1. ;) Not to mention the extra ponies! LOL

I was actually looking at that model CL back before I got the hatchback, but the manual transmission only came on the low-end CL. They look a little odd in the back too but once you get over that they are a great car.

AUTOBELL! haha. I work there too, really good money! :aok:

Yup. It's a great company to work for I'm transferring up to the Boone location when I move away for school. What shirt are you wearing? Red?

Holy crap, he's alive. *faints*

What's up 88? I'm real interested in seeing a picture of your rig. You always come up with the best mods let's see what it looks like now.

Yup. It's a great company to work for I'm transferring up to the Boone location when I move away for school. What shirt are you wearing? Red?

Go Mountaineers! they're on the map now (for those of you who dont know thats App state (the ones that beat Michigan))

It looks dusty and derelict since it's been sitting in the garage with a busted tranny for the last year and a half or so. sad.gif

Now I dont feel so bad for my swap taking the 2 years and counting

Ryan you may be interested in these:

(initial crank post swap)

(1st test drive)

th_alive2.jpg

th_testdrive.jpg

Edited by unccpathfinder

Good to see you again. Your cupholders you sold me are doing an excellent job! lol

nice cl. i really like the colour of that one. Get another pathy!!

Things have changed a bit...

Yeah your trucks looking pretty good. You didn't have the snorkel did you?

Wow, he's back! Nice to see you again! Nice looking car! Didn't even know that made 6 spd's of those Acura's!

Only 1500 manuals, only offered in 2003... it was quite a treasure hunt finding one close and in tip-top shape. It wasn't even that close Carmax had to transport it up from one of their stores in SC.

Good to see you again. Your cupholders you sold me are doing an excellent job! lol

nice cl. i really like the colour of that one. Get another pathy!!

Thank you. The color is the best thing about it I actually just got the windows tinted on Tuesday, and I changed out all the interior bulbs to LED yesterday. I'm buying a factory integration kit for my iPod right now and then I'm putting my roof rack on next week so I'm ready for opening weekend. It's progressing real quick. Springs will be on by the end of the month. I wish I had money back when I had the Pathfinder lol.