What P265 70 R16's to get?

Rockr

I live in Colorado Springs, CO. Looking at a sometimes snowy, wet, icy winter. Need an All Weather Tire. Not sure what brand and model tire to go with. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

pangelo@gmail.com

Try NOKIAN WR. I know that might be hard to find but I heard/read a lot of good things about them. I am going to buy a set.

I don't read a lot about tires, I use what I know works well for me, BUT, I've never heard of a tire that has numbers formed in the tread to let you know how much they have worn. Thats pretty cool. For the average Joe that doesn't know how to measure tread depth, I am sure that this is a valuable tool for them and helps them feel comfortable knowing how much is left.

That's why I use to read before I buy. I cannot buy all the tyres to check if are good or not. And they don't organize drive tests! They are making good things in Finland not only cell-phones at Nokia.

Good luck!

Edited by radudel

I just got a set of Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armors. They are the best rated all terrain tire on the market. It scored better that the Bridgestone Dueler REVO, better that the BFG ATs. They scored 10 out of 10 on light snow & ice, scored 9 out of 10 in deep snow, mud, and off road. And they have a 50k warranty to boot!

They are expensive but you get what you pay for.

I have the Nitto Terra Grapplers on mine in 265/75 R16. I think the larger tire looks a little better, but I wish these tires were offered with white lettering. I have about 15,000 miles on them so far and they are wearing well and have been good in both the snow and some mud. They are much quieter than the MTR's I had on my 01 too. They aren't very expensive, but did have some good reviews, so I tried them and am impressed.