Big Bear Lake.

SteeevO

So the ENTIRE San Bernardino National Forest is closed untill fire season is over [[Does Rain Dance]] and i'm sure that i'll be the first one back on teh trail as soon as we get the OK. so when this happens i think i smell a Big Bear Trail run. it'll all look different because of the recent fires. but hey, i'm getting antsy here.

I don't know how many people on this board are close enough for a bigbear run but i would really like to get something together.

All in favor of heading to bigbear after the first big rain, raise thier hand WAVEY .... or wave, or something.

we have, i'm guessing about a month till we can get back into the forest, but at minimum like 3 weeks. so get your rig ready and lets hit the trail!

ok so we have a massive group of 2,... maybe. any other takers?

sweet people are up for a winter run in nor cal.... but not so. cal is this because there are simply no nissan owners in so. cal?

maybe that and the fact that i don't have enough money right now to go down to SoCal. Right now i'm tryin to save up for a camping trip that's all the way in december! lol.

I'm down for Bear. Stock Qx4 on mud terrains. Open diffs.

Holcomb Valley?

do you know the FS trail name for it? i may have done it in the past but don't know it by name.

i originally was thinking about doing holcomb creek to green valley lake, but the last time i was in there i was on 30's and did some some body dmage. we'll have to pick something that is friendly for everyone and we'll also have to get more peope in on this thread.

let me know what other trails u usually run in big bear.

I've only done a few so far... Butler Peak is an extremely easy one that I remember....

I have 2 great books that show A LOT of offroading there. I'll have to scan some.

Heres an idea

bigbearmap2.jpg

I've only done a few so far... Butler Peak is an extremely easy one that I remember....

I have 2 great books that show A LOT of offroading there. I'll have to scan some.

Heres an idea

bigbearmap2.jpg

Yeah i have the forestry service map that shows ALOT. but none of them have names just the forestry service name eg. 3N14, or 2N17X etc.. the trails are much much more extensive then what is shown on that map. i have that map around here somewhere also.. i'll start digging through a few books tonight.

hell yeah im down for it, i live in hesperia so im close, another good spot is el mirage its got a dry lake bed and good hill climbs. big bear is awesome ive ran alot of trails up there..i should have my trans installed next weekend hopefully stock vehicles can make most the trail at BB i make em and i only have 31 inch pathfinders haha and a 3 inch body lift

Edited by exploited789

hell yeah im down for it, i live in hesperia so im close, another good spot is el mirage its got a dry lake bed and good hill climbs. big bear is awesome ive ran alot of trails up there..i should have my trans installed next weekend hopefully stock vehicles can make most the trail at BB i make em and i only have 31 inch pathfinders haha and a 3 inch body lift

Most of the forest finally opened back up but all the trails that i have done are on the west side of the lake and are still closed so if you want to suggest some good trails that you have tackled on 31's i'd like to hear about which ones they are.

I just don't wanna lead people into something that is over thier heads... i've never really lead a trail run before. thats why i'm stress'n on this.

• 2 weeks later...

just take them, if they come upon something they dont think they can do then we'll find a different trail...maybe we should just go cause ive taken my truck alot of places people wouldnt mostly because i dont really care haha i just gotta get a idlerarm brace because i jumped my truck 54 feet and busted it

• 1 month later...

We havn't gone yet but.... it's still snowing up there right now... they should have gottena food 12" by now. i sense a snow run comming on...

how many people do we have close enough to go on this run?

i'm thinking... in two weeks since i'll be at the all-pro jamboree in barstow this weekend.

hopefully we'll still have some snow to play in.

Edited by SteeevO

We havn't gone yet but.... it's still snowing up there right now... they should have gottena food 12" by now. i sense a snow run comming on...

how many people do we have close enough to go on this run?

i'm thinking... in two weeks since i'll be at the all-pro jamboree in barstow this weekend.

hopefully we'll still have some snow to play in.

sign me up!! .. i am down for it.. i will be checking this tread for update...

Sounds good guys, I'm thinking be at the Big Bear Discovery Center at 8:30 Fueled up and ready to go.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE have a CB radio in your truck if at all possible. i'll be on channel 7.

But does anyone have trail sugestions? otherwise i'll wonder around aimlessly.. haha..

Edited by SteeevO