Your handle

Floonster

Just a little get to know you guys thread. How did you pick your handle you use here?? Some interesting names to be sure.

For myself my online name is a extended version of a nickname (Floon) I picked up in my late teens from the Top 100 in a "questionable" gardening magazine ( ;) ). The entry was "Floon the party God" and while I was not an actual party god, I was that sort of a guy. :tonguefinger:

To be honest there are a lot of people know me as Floon and have no idea what my actual name is. :D

You?

To be honest there are a lot of people know me as Floon and have no idea what my actual name is. :D

hehe... yeah, there are a few people I know in person who don't know what Pezzy's real name is.

My name derives from the candy Pez. Although I'm not a huge fan, or collector (I do have a few though), I had created the name Pez_Fairy years ago when I chatted in Yahoo! You could create about 6 different aliases under one account, and I was always changing my name, depending on my mood. At one point a bunch of "the regulars" had similar Pez related names, and Pez_Fairy was my addition to the family. For some reason mine stuck.

didn't we have a thread like this a few years ago? :shrug:

anyway, I was the president and team leader of a Canine (K-9) Search and Rescue organization in southern New Mexico. We were known by the department of public safety and the border patrol as Border K-9 Search and Rescue, inc. I believe that the organization disbanded or merged into DACSAR (Dona Ana County Search and Rescue a few years after I moved back to the east coast. I bought my pathy out there to use in SAR missions since my accord couldn't handle the terrain or the animals and gear.

Edited by k9sar

The numbers 5 5 2 3 in Japanese, sounds like Go Go Nia San. Get it? Go Go Nissan Pathfinder......Im proud of that creation

Real name is Derek, but thats boring.

now thats cool! :beer:

give you one guess, my initials

Mine is not quite as creative as 5523's or as impressive as k9sar's, but it's the nickname I picked up awhile back,"rooster". See, not impressive nor creative. :FartExplode-vi:

Edited by Roost

Mine is pretty self explanatory...

My most common name online is LORD often followed by a few numbers (usually four) when a program or website will not allow me to simply have LORD. I picked up the name originally playing games such as DOOM on BBS's. The first BBS that I joined and played DOOM online had a competition just after I joined... all said and done I was ranked a "LORD". Which I added to my handle (I don't even remember what it was now), I eventually moved up in rank but LORD stuck and I eventually dropped the rest of it.

When I joined AOL I used that along with four numbers following it (because they would not allow it alone) as a secondary, but most used screen name. Since everyone knew me as that, there was no getting away from it. To this day I still have that name :lol:

In AOL I eventually had to add "Screen name is not based on religion!" to my profile, because I was getting spammed by bible thumpers... at the rate of nearly 50 a day at the high point! :blink: After I added that statement to my profile, it tapered off FAST and eventually stopped :D

But as established as that name was for me I just did not feel it appropriate for a Pathfinder forum and after a few months of reading everything and lurking I decided it was time to join these forums (along with the WD21Forums - the first two I joined).. RedPath88 was born. :aok:

Well I picked my user name before my Pathfinder turned up, I thought it was a Terrano like most here in NZ.

I was going to have Terrano, but it was already taken "Big D" comrade.

So TerranoNZ am I, Or TNZ/Tex for short :aok:

I use the same name on youtube :D