running rough

cohen

About a week ago I started my truck and it idled fine for a few mins and then the engine acted like it was about to stall out and the tach was jumping all around then it cut off. I started it again and it did the same thing, but then went away after starting it the third time. Yesterday morning it did it while i was driving and 2 minutes later it did it again and cut off, luckily i had the clutch in. It also happend another time the same day. I drive it everyday and it has only happend 2 days in the past week or so.

Edited by cohen

^^^ What he said...

Also check/wiggle the connector to the MAF when the condition exists. It's not uncommon for them to go bad, or get loose, and cause what you've described.

I have to agree with checking the MAF sensor. My was doing the same thing. As a matter of fact, it would cut off while rounding corners, really made things difficult to steer.

I would start the engine, let it idle then wiggle the MAF sensor. If that seems to fix it, turn off engine, open up the connector to the sensor and squirt some WD-40 into the connection. Should fix your problems.

Hope this helps.

Semper Fi

Edited by mzxtreme

• 2 weeks later...

The first time I checked the codes it said:

11 Crank Angle Sensor/Camshaft Position Sensor.

13 Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor.

21 Ignition Signal.

then I did mode V and it cut off, I couldn't figure out what they were fast enough but I'm pretty sure it was:

RED LED flashes 3 times for 1.5 seconds, check the Crankshaft Position Sensor

GREEN LED flashes twice-3 times for 0.5 seconds, check Mass Air Flow Sensor

I checked the Crankshaft Position Sensor (right side of the Distributor cap?) and it gave 12v and then continuity

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A few days later I did it again and it said:

11 Crank Angle Sensor/Camshaft Position Sensor.

12 Air Flow Meter/Mass Air Flow Sensor.

13 Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor.

I can't find the MAF sensor or the Engine Coolant Temp. one but I did order a new distributor with ignition module. Pictures would be nice of where these sensors are. :FartExplode-vi: