Ignition problem

solid snake

I got a problem with my pathy. I was driving to work last week and all of a sudden my gauges stopped working. The pathy started to get sluggish, I turned on the a/c to check what I lost and it wouldn't start, the OD wouldn't engage, cruise control doesn't turn on, it wouldn't shift into gear when trying to go at a higher speed, I basically lost current to my whole panel. Ok, went back home and turned her off. No start. Jumped started her and she fired up. Took her out for a spin in hopes of the alty recharging the battery. Got back home and shut off and then turn on again and nothing. I just hear a click, but engine does not turn. Ok checked the starter, by basically hot wiring it to the battery and it started no problem. Decided to change the battery, thinking the battery doesn't work anymore, but the problem was still there. I had changed the positive lead coming from the starter already cuz it was in pretty bad shape. Cleaned the terminals on the battery really good. No start. Took the alty off, went to auto zone and checkers to have it tested. Both places told me the alty went bad. Got a replacement and hoped for this to solve my problem, but no start nothing. I can just hear the starter click once and that is it. Is there a main relay that I need to check? If anyone had a similar problem, can you please chime in for some advice, please.

can you jump it with the new alty or does nothing happen? it could be that the bad alternator killed the battery...also what was wrong with the alt...was it just not charging or was the voltage regulator bad...if it was the regulator its possible that you fried some stuff...check all your fuses and that jazz

can you jump it with the new alty or does nothing happen? it could be that the bad alternator killed the battery...also what was wrong with the alt...was it just not charging or was the voltage regulator bad...if it was the regulator its possible that you fried some stuff...check all your fuses and that jazz

Sorry for not elaborating some more, I totally forgot to mention that all the fuses were good. The old alty had bad diodes. I replaced the battery after I pulled the alty out. I went to a shop to get it rebuilt, and that's where they told me that the diodes were bad. A bad ecu wouldn't do this? Right?!

Edited by solid snake