What do you think of when you see my QX4?

FUELER

The reason I ask, is that I was profiled by the Border Patrol a few weeks ago, they pulled me over and searched my car. Apparently, to them it looks like a drug smuggling vehicle.

Ummm...another blacked out Q with blingy chrome? Is that the answer you were looking for?

Yeah I guess so. Bling?? Those rims are dirt cheap, with mud tires!

sorry, just giving you an honest answer.

Honesty is what I want! Thanks!

I think it looks classy. It looks like a real deep tint though and that is probably a stigma for some

Thanks for the comment! Yeah some people hate the tint. My girlfriend has trouble seeing out of them at night, and she gets angry at me for it, but I never have any problems!

Nice ride! I love the black on black tint. Chromes are nice, but I think steelies would look better. and it needs about 2" lift to fit the wheels and look more like an off road vehicle and less like a mall crawler.

Maybe the border patrol saw the vehicle as trying to look like something it wasn't (a street vehicle trying to look like an off road vehicle) and since he was an off roader felt like you had something to hide. :tongue:

Denis

Pretty damn smooth, man. I could see ya with the window cracked a little, rolling hard on Fifth with a lit blunt in one hand and the other on the wheel...

mwuahahaha

Seriously though, it looks nice. I have no idea what a drug runner would drive but that probably doesn't fit my description of a suspicious type of vehicle.

As the front side windows are tinted, that seems to be the issue with police, at least around here. They get very suspicious when they can not see into where the driver is.

Other than that, I think it looks good, even with the chrome wheels. But black would look better :tongue:

This is from a recent news article in Canada:

The collision caused extensive damage to the Hummer, a popular military-style vehicle favoured by sports stars, raps artists and drug dealers.

So I guess here, a Hummer would get you pulled over :D

I really like your truck. I dig the black/black and chrome, and your windows are about as dark as mine LOL. Its a really clean and sharp rig. Drug running rig? No way. In my mind, that would be like a 15 year old bone stock Camry, Taurus, or similar, something to blend in and NOT draw any attention or stick out.

My question: do you drive that thing over to Tijuana?!? :tongue: We park at those lots just before the border, then walk across. I wouldn't want to deal with that hassle and line coming back.

Pretty damn smooth, man. I could see ya with the window cracked a little, rolling hard on Fifth with a lit blunt in one hand and the other on the wheel...

Whoa what the hell?? You been watching me?? I live right next to Fifth Ave.... You just described me perfectly...

Edited by FUELER

i've always thought your truck looks nice. clean and mean. the black on black is nice, but i'm not a fan of the wheels (not a chrome buff myself). i personally like the extra dark tint, i'd do that myself but i'm afraid of getting fix-it tickets so i go with a weaker tint up front on my vehicles.

can they simply search your vehicle w/out cause (other than 'suspicious lookingness')?

i've always thought your truck looks nice. clean and mean. the black on black is nice, but i'm not a fan of the wheels (not a chrome buff myself). i personally like the extra dark tint, i'd do that myself but i'm afraid of getting fix-it tickets so i go with a weaker tint up front on my vehicles.

can they simply search your vehicle w/out cause (other than 'suspicious lookingness')?

chrome don't get you home!

very nice truck. hella clean.

The reason I ask, is that I was profiled by the Border Patrol a few weeks ago, they pulled me over and searched my car. Apparently, to them it looks like a drug smuggling vehicle.

Don't worry about it, BP stopped me many times before, and I have a wd21. Use to get searched all the time. Around here, BP is use to chasing, Cherokees and Silverados crossing the desert loaded up with weed.