Fuel Pump

wild91

finally gonna change my fuel pump in my 91 XE v6 this weekend. does anyone have any info about possible unforeseen problems or hidden bolts?

any info would be great and help speed things along. it looks like its gonna start raining soon and i wanna get out on the trail.

Theres nothing to it, pull the carpet up in the cargo area, remove the access panel, disconnect the fuel lines and electrical connectors (try not to get fuel on the connectors/wires) pull the pump and install the new one in reverse order.

Before you pull the pump, start the engine then pull the fuel pump fuse and let the engine go till it dies, that will release the pressure from the fuel lines :aok:

Theres nothing to it, pull the carpet up in the cargo area, remove the access panel, disconnect the fuel lines and electrical connectors (try not to get fuel on the connectors/wires) pull the pump and install the new one in reverse order.

Before you pull the pump, start the engine then pull the fuel pump fuse and let the engine go till it dies, that will release the pressure from the fuel lines :aok:

c good thing i asked i would have pulled the tank lol

stupid me i guess thats what u guys r for...knowledge